Open carry killed with own gun killer gets 40 years

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Read the article... sounds like he stole the gun and tried to leave, but the victim chased him (again... according to the story)... then shot the other guy when he had nothing left to lose.

Feet Dry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Much cheaper to lock him up and toss the key. I have no moral objections to the death penalty, but it is ultra slow, and very expensive. Families wait years for closure which sometimes never comes.

Nope. One trial, sentence passed, execution immediately after verdict released. No appeal in this case, its cut and dried. Should be like the fast lane at Wal-Mart. Let's call it accelerated justice. This is what we should be moving to.

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
BUT>>>BUT>>>>BUT we were assured by okie bryan this would never happen

But but but, he provided factual statistics to prove that this is a rare exception. I don't recall anyone ever stating that this NEVER happens with open carry.

Your logic is also used with the gun-grabbers when they push to ban AR's because of a random shooting. We all know how dumb it is to allow anomalies to dictate emotions and even laws. Well, most of us..

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Yeh, yeh, yeh. He'll be out before he's 60 to do it again. Now! That being said, it's worth fessin up that had Juggernaught been concealed carry, Teen Angel wouldn't have been tempted to steal the candy. However, opinions can't be changed, so this is my advice to Open Carry, go with Taurus. That way when there is a weapons snatch, they can only hit you with it - like a paperweight...

tiasman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
BUT>>>BUT>>>>BUT we were assured by okie bryan this would never happen

Plenty of officers have had the same thing happen to them. BUT>>>BUT>>>>BUT we have been assured that these professionals are masters of all that is tactics and guuuuns.

Serious control issues this one has.

tiasman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
But but but, he provided factual statistics to prove that this is a rare exception. I don't recall anyone ever stating that this NEVER happens with open carry.

Your logic is also used with the gun-grabbers when they push to ban AR's because of a random shooting. We all know how dumb it is to allow anomalies to dictate emotions and even laws. Well, most of us..

Someday I hope to be as articulate as you are. Bravo.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've seen some terrible open carry rigs. There is an old man that frequents a local diner that carries a Glock in some sort of cheap leather rig on a flimsy belt that scares the hell out of me. The gun cants away from his hip at about a 45 degree angle and flops with every step, I expect the gun to hit the floor with every step.

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I've seen some terrible open carry rigs. There is an old man that frequents a local diner that carries a Glock in some sort of cheap leather rig on a flimsy belt that scares the hell out of me. The gun cants away from his hip at about a 45 degree angle and flops with every step, I expect the gun to hit the floor with every step.

Look at the bright side,Shootin 4 Fun! That old man will never have to be put in a nursing home.

GlockCop

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Plenty of officers have had the same thing happen to them. BUT>>>BUT>>>>BUT we have been assured that these professionals are masters of all that is tactics and guuuuns.

Serious control issues this one has.

First Id like to see where I ever said that cops are the only ones that "are masters of all tactics and guuuuuns". I wear a retention holster and have taken numerous classes on these subjects to MINIMIZE the risk of my gun taken away and used on me. I suggest anyone open carying to do the same thing. I dont ever carry open when off duty because thats one way of minimizing the risk...dont let anyone know you have it. If you want to carry openly....by all means have at it. But dont try to convince yourself you are some tough guy and it cant happen to you...because it can.

Latest posts

Top Bottom