Opinions on NATO straps?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I work construction..... They get dirty and smelly. I bag em up in a little net bag and throw em in with a load of laundry.,... Air dry and back to work!! And they are comfortable as well.

coolhandluke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I pretty much only wear NATO's from Crown and Buckle nowadays. Their Matte Supreme NATO straps are my favorite NATO that I've tried to date. I also like their original Supreme NATO straps with the seatbelt style nylon, but its edges tend to fray and the Matte Supreme version does not.

Comfort is still a bit hit or miss depending on the thickness of the watch, lug to lug distance, etc. I have certain watches that are just not comfortable on a NATO, regardless of the brand or material that they're made from. Because of that, I always recommend Erika's Originals MN straps over NATO straps. There is only one layer of webbing under the watch head, they are infinitely adjustable, and the elastic webbing allows your wrist to swell and contract throughout the day without the strap being too loose or too tight. An Erika's strap is 3x the cost of a C&B Supreme NATO, but it's definitely going to be a good fitting, comfortable strap that you're guaranteed to use. Most NATO straps, especially the cheap ones, just end up sitting unused in a drawer.

@Pennyless, depending on your wrist size and the width of strap that you're needing, I might have some spare Erika's MN straps or BluShark or Artem NATO's to fit your needs. All of the straps shown below are listed for sale in the marketplace.

20240206_144731.jpg

ccbsamk.jpeg

mF1t4wx.jpeg

Last edited:

Pennyless

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I pretty much only wear NATO's from Crown and Buckle nowadays. Their Matte Supreme NATO straps are my favorite NATO that I've tried to date. I also like their original Supreme NATO straps with the seatbelt style nylon, but its edges tend to fray and the Matte Supreme version does not.

Comfort is still a bit hit or miss depending on the thickness of the watch, lug to lug distance, etc. I have certain watches that are just not comfortable on a NATO, regardless of the brand or material that they're made from. Because of that, I always recommend Erika's Original MN straps over NATO straps. There is only one layer of webbing under the watch head, they are infinitely adjustable, and the elastic webbing allows your wrist to swell and contract throughout the day without the strap being too loose or too tight. An Erika's strap is 3x the cost of a C&B Supreme NATO, but it's definitely going to be a good fitting, comfortable strap that you're guaranteed to use. Most NATO straps, especially the cheap ones, just end up sitting unused in a drawer.

@Pennyless, depending on your wrist size and the width of strap that you're needing, I might have some spare Erika's MN straps or BluShark or Artem NATO's to fit your needs. All of the straps shown below are listed for sale in the marketplace.

View attachment 458169

View attachment 458170

View attachment 458171
If that middle one's navy blue I'm interested. Sorry I'm very new here, is there a special marketplace?

Latest posts

Top Bottom