Opinions....Walther PPS40 vs Kahr CW40

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Everyone loves a poll Walther PPS40 vs Kahr CW40

• Walther PPS40

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • Kahr CW40

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Johnny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Prefer educated opionions but will take all. Please note if it is real world or second hand internet knowledge. Is there any use in even putting the two in the same category with the $150 price difference? Has anyone shot both and can comment on the trigger? This is for carry gun only purposes.

Kahr CW40 Walther PPS 40
Caliber: .40 S&W Same
Capacity: 6+1 Same
Operation: DAO Same
Barrel: 3.6" 3.2"
Length O/A: 6.36" 6.3"
Height: 4.62" 4.4"
Slide Width: .94" 1.04"
Weight: Pistol 18.7 ounces 20.8 ounces
Magazines: 1 - 6 rd, Stainless Both only come with one magizine. What is up with companys sending only one mag with carry guns.
Thanks for the insight guys.

aeropb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't care for the razor sharp slide stops on Kahrs. After shooting both I think I have more confidence in the PPS, but thats really splitting hairs. They're almost identical.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't own any guns, but I haven't seen any manufacturer send more than one spare, and some don't do that.

The Kahr has a great reputation for customer service and building a great pistol.

aeropb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A lot of really badass guns only come with one. Socom only comes with 1 10 round mag. Ed Browns come with 1 mag. PS90 comes with 1 mag

Johnny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes they do. It seems like every Sig only comes with one mag also. It just kinda sucks cause they way I look at it is, I might as well get this gun cause it is only a $100 more than that one and it is a Bad MFer. The Bad MFer only comes with one mag though. So I need to order a spare mag because there is no way to practice reload drills with just one mag. Well if you are going to the trouble of ordering and paying shipping on one mag you might as well get five because the pistol range case you have in mind for it has six mag pouches. Well as long as you are ordering stuff it only makes since to get some other accesories such a carry holster and Surefire for it. Before you know it your $500 pistol just cost you a $1000.

I realize that is messed up logic, but it is the way my mind works.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes they do. It seems like every Sig only comes with one mag also. It just kinda sucks cause they way I look at it is, I might as well get this gun cause it is only a $100 more than that one and it is a Bad MFer. The Bad MFer only comes with one mag though. So I need to order a spare mag because there is no way to practice reload drills with just one mag. Well if you are going to the trouble of ordering and paying shipping on one mag you might as well get five because the pistol range case you have in mind for it has six mag pouches. Well as long as you are ordering stuff it only makes since to get some other accesories such a carry holster and Surefire for it. Before you know it your $500 pistol just cost you a $1000.

I realize that is messed up logic, but it is the way my mind works.

It's the way the business end of this whole addiction we have works too

Latest posts

Top Bottom