Optic/Red Dot for M1A SOCOM

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lone Wolf '49

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
EoTech's may be the least expensive way to go for a reliable and quality optic. Have used EoTech, ACOG and Leupold Prismatic. I have used the Prismatic for over a year now and very happy with it.

strawdog

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Eotech or aimpoint both good choices, aimpoints feel weird to me if you mount on the scout rail IMO. EoTechs are good i like the new smaller versions as well as the 553's. I assume you are going to mount in the scout position.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can't believe you're going to put an optic on an M1A.

You need to get the longer barrel, change back to the traditional M1A gas system, put some wood on it and get a bayonet (and roast wieners on it over the camp-fire when you're in your fox-hole).

Maybe that's just me :D

I've yet to be able to make myself put an optic on my M1A Stainless Loaded - and I hate the sights on it.

papal

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is my rifle...there are many like it....but this one is mine :) Aimpoint CompM2. This is from when I first bought it. Since then I've changed out the stock for the urban camo one, and added a foregrip.

aleadingthenextinquisition.files.wordpress.com_2006_07_rightside_wholegun_large.jpg

sumoj275

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can't believe you're going to put an optic on an M1A.

You need to get the longer barrel, change back to the traditional M1A gas system, put some wood on it and get a bayonet (and roast wieners on it over the camp-fire when you're in your fox-hole).

Maybe that's just me :D

I've yet to be able to make myself put an optic on my M1A Stainless Loaded - and I hate the sights on it.

I gots a standard with the bayonet lug, and all GI parts too.:drink:

Needing something on the SOCOM:comfort:

Lone Wolf '49

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I gots a standard with the bayonet lug, and all GI parts too.:drink:

Needing something on the SOCOM:comfort:

Me, too, GI stock and all, the M1A 22"'er that is, wonderful to shoot with iron sights at longer ranges. When I am hunting I use the SOCOM, thought when they came out in 2004 or so, this is not right, no wood, etc., but I looked closer and I love it, but then again I am an old guy, and qualified on the M14 in the service, but that was a long, long time ago, too. Let us know what you decide upon.

sumoj275

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well I tried my M4 Aimpoint on top today and it was OK but the spacer made it too high. Got me to thinking about a M2 or M3. I had previously tried the EOTECH but that is not it either. Well I got a chance to pop a Aimpoint T1 on top, and I think that is going to be it since it is light, good battery life, and it diid not change the balance of the rifle in the least bit.

Latest posts

Top Bottom