OT: Lawton, what does the Interstate look like?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wheel Gun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Can someone in SW OK give me an idea what I44 looks like? I've got to drive from OKC to West Texas tomorrow evening and am concerned about highway conditions. It doesn't look terribly bad here (in OKC) or at the destination. If I heard correctly, the biggest snowfall on that route appears to be between Chickasha and Wichita Falls.

Has anyone been out on I44 in SW OK today? Is traffic moving okay?

Thanks in advance.

Have Blue

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I drove from Chickasha to OKC this morning. I paid attention to the Westbound side since I have to take that way home tonight.

From OKC to the Newcastle Toll plaza is plowed and cleared. Only a couple of slick spots where there was some drifts.

Between Chickasha and the Newcastle Toll plaza sucked. Not plowed. Lots of slick spots and still some drifts in the roadway.

The road was very passable. I was able to drive the posted speed limit most of the way in the wife's 4wd Caddy. I imagine with a little bit of 18-wheeler traffic the road should be pretty good by this afternoon. It would be a non-issue if the road crews were all doing their jobs.

Latest posts

Top Bottom