Para Ordnance LDA

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1911master

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I have never owned one or shot one. I have seen a couple that were taken apart and the gunsmiths talked about how hard they were to put back together. That being said, from things I have read on the internet those who own and shoot them seem to like them. Real problem I see is that Para Ordnance is not around any more.

Rod Snell

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
POSTED ON THE INTERNET
Para USA is an American-owned firearms manufacturer. It is the successor to Para-Ordnance, founded in Canada in 1985. It specializes in making M1911-style semi-automatic pistols and components.
http://www.para-usa.com/2013/index.php

I just called the listed number from the website and was told the following information:
Para USA has been acquired by Remington. The warranty on the guns has been picked up by Remington for guns made in the USA, not the prior Canada made.
I asked about buying additional magazines for my Para TAC-5, which uses the P18 magazines, and he said I could except they are temporarily out of stock until after the first of the year.
My no longer made Para TAC5 9mm LDA has been flawless. It is a USA marked gun.

For what it's worth.......

Last edited:

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
I have shot one. It was nice, but I couldn't figure out why I would want that over a standard single action 1911.

Best guess is for people that didn't like condition1 on a 1911.

Rod Snell

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have shot one. It was nice, but I couldn't figure out why I would want that over a standard single action 1911.

Best guess is for people that didn't like condition1 on a 1911.

I bought the 9mm LDA TAC5 for shooting IDPA/SSP and USPSA/Production, and within a couple of years, both IDPA (for weight) and USPSA (for small factory integral mag well) changed their rules to force it into IDPA/ESP and USPSA/Limited. It runs flawlessly, but now is forced to shoot against the single-actions in competition because of complaints it was unfair against the plastic fantastics.
Oh well, it is still a good gun and the action is natural for an old revolver shooter that has to think twice about manual safeties when shooting a single action 1911.

65ny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had been kinda looking at one at SSP and picked it up yesterday. The LDA stands for Light Double Action, and it's just that. It has a very nice trigger. I doubt I'll carry it because it's huge, but I bet it's going to be a good shooter.

Boehlertaught

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a 12/45 LDA. It's a commander size 45 with 12 + 1 capacity. It does have a beefy grip but it is very comfortable in a Milt Sparks OWB holster. I carry it all the time and it is 100% reliable. The trigger is very very nice.

Latest posts

Top Bottom