Paul Allen Yacht -- $325,000,000

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leemozoid

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So I saw a post about Fat Man and Little Boy ( The Atomic Bombs used on Hiroshima and Nagasaki), and remembering I saw life sized full detailed replicas of the bombs at the Flying Heritage and Armor Combat Museum, in Everett Washington. The museum was financed by Paul Allen (Co-Founder of Microsoft). When Paul Allen died of cancer his sister became the benefactor of his estate ( Allen was not married and had no children). The order of the day seems to be liquidate some of Paul Allens prize possessions. Among them was his Yacht -- Octopus.

I found a link to his ship:

Glitzy Video Takes You Aboard The Late Paul Allen's Octopus Mega Yacht

I guess if you had all the money in the world, what would you buy !!!!!!!
I saw his yacht docked in Portofino in 1999, just after the Cannes Film Festival. Spielberg was staying aboard. That was the first time I'd seen a yacht with a helipad and helicopter. I don't know if it's the same one as in the video but from the little captain's boat taking us ashore it was huuuuuuuuuuge!

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It is a 1977 Allied Seawind MKII, 32' The picture was taken at Grand Lake. It is currently on the hard at Oologah waiting (7 freaking weeks now) on the marina to step the masts and put it back in the water after a 3 year refit.
A former Co-worker of mine decided to take up sailing. It became an adventure.
He bought some little boat without a weighted keel, and it blew him all over the small municipal lake.
He traded it in for a sailboat with a weighted keel.
Put it on Kaw Lake with a stout south wind on the South end of a lake.
He capsized it immediately coming out of the cove before it righted itself throwing him overboard.
He grabbed a line that was trailing and held on for the 10 mile ride under sail to the other end of the lake where it ran aground on the sarge creek rip rap.
He parted company with it shortly afterwards.
Good to see your enjoying yours, after the refit anyway.
Love Grand Lake!

Louro

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When you are a proponent of anthropomorphic global warming you need to buy a huge yacht to burn lots of diesel to show your oligarchical hypocrisy.

When you are a proponent of anthropomorphic global warming you need to buy a huge yacht to burn lots of diesel to show your oligarchical hypocrisy.
Well said..............

StLPro2A

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So I saw a post about Fat Man and Little Boy ( The Atomic Bombs used on Hiroshima and Nagasaki), and remembering I saw life sized full detailed replicas of the bombs at the Flying Heritage and Armor Combat Museum, in Everett Washington. The museum was financed by Paul Allen (Co-Founder of Microsoft). When Paul Allen died of cancer his sister became the benefactor of his estate ( Allen was not married and had no children). The order of the day seems to be liquidate some of Paul Allens prize possessions. Among them was his Yacht -- Octopus.

I found a link to his ship:

Glitzy Video Takes You Aboard The Late Paul Allen's Octopus Mega Yacht

I guess if you had all the money in the world, what would you buy !!!!!!!
Betting Allen would trade that yacht in a heartbeat for a year's more heartbeats....or even one.

Latest posts

Top Bottom