Pawnee Run N Gun July 19th, 2014

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

frayluisfan

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hi, shakyhand. And thanks for the tip. I don,t think it,ll work for me to shoot that part straight up, since my optic sits kinda high to clear the BUIS. But I,ll keep it mind for the future and give it a try.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
One question about the VTAC board. I understand the logic of shooting from awkward positions. I'm not clear on why we practice shooting with the rifle turned sideways. I'm not complaining! I'm just new to this kind of shooting and was curious.

It's to represent shooting under a barrier or a vehicle. Sometimes the barrier/vehicle is too low and you can't go to the normal prone postion.

Yup..under a barrier or through a barrier, hole in a wall, bottom of a door etc...

gmar

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Gmar that was me that doing the commentary on stage 5. If I remember you was the shooter that went under the wire with the ejection port open and collected a dirt sample with his rifle.

The video was of my neighbor Jim. Your commentary was great. We showed it to a bunch of people tonight at a fish fry and everyone got a big kick out of it.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Event went really well, I appreciate the patience of those with long starting times. Thank you to all the ROs and the runners who kept the event safe and fun!

gmar

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There were some extremely fast times on stage 2. For everyone that did it under 1.5 minutes, did you use your rifle or pistol?

shakyhand

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There were some extremely fast times on stage 2. For everyone that did it under 1.5 minutes, did you use your rifle or pistol?
I ran stage two in 57 sec all pistol my brother was also all pistol ran it in 1 min flat. We had fastest times for 5k but I know it could be shot faster, I just made sure I got all my hits.

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I did it all pistol in 1.05. Actually changed my mind on how I would approach the stage the morning of. In retrospect it would have probably been faster to just carry the extra magazine for the rifle and and use it exclusively like i originally planned.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Where are the videos?

Everyone's probably licking their wounds, cleaning gear and/or tied up with Sunday stuff. Heck, I didn't get home until almost 11pm last night and just now cleaned our rifles.

I saw quite a few gopros and such, hopefully we'll get to see some of the footage. What about the pics that Boomer took?

Latest posts

Top Bottom