Pawnee Run N Gun July 19th, 2014

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, after attending an event in Arkansas this weekend i have decided the PIG is going to be staying in the kit bag in favor of a chest rig. The only way this may change is if the temps are below about 85 and the humidity is below about 20%. I would still be inclined to run armor if i still had the Crye JPC, but the extra material and foam of the pig is just past my miserable threshold and into the "dangerous" territory for 90 degrees and 85% humidity. After the first run on Saturday at about 1100 i removed my ACS shirt and spread it out over the bed of the truck, in the sun and what little wind there was. When i tossed it into my kit bag twelve hours later, it was still wet. Almost zero evaporation. The HSGI Suregrip belt is comfy, but a little on the bulky size for my taste and i will probably be swapping that out as well. However, it stayed put and carries a load quite well. If i do use it the setup will remain unchanged; Safariland 6380, TQ and holder, 2 spare pistol mags in Eagle pouches, Eagle medium GP pouch with the essentials, and IFAK.
Chest rig is Tactical Tailor Rudder Rack, 4 Eagle double m4 mag carriers, TQ and holder, 3 liter Source bladder.
Same Mk18/CQBR as usual with suppressor, Aimpoint m4, Surefire Fury in Vtac mount with a vcas sling. Glock 17 with X300u.

I strongly suspect those of you who missed the winter event are going to be regretting it if that decision was based on the weather. Please start your hydration a week before the event! I had done so for the DARC gun and run Saturday(more shooting, less running) and drank 3 gallons of h2o with electrolytes the day of and still had cramps during the second run of the day.
By the way, there are just 30 tickets left.

AllOut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So I am just curious about how everyone is planning to load out for this event.

Are you coming to "game" it, light or heavy tactical, regular guy grey man type or what?

I'll be running the most simple setup I can come up with.
As of now it's....
Tank top or some sort of light compression shirt, cargo shorts and my trial shoes.
Gear will be, plain ol run of the mill 16" AR with EoTec and my 17. Will carry 17 mags in my belt pouch and AR mags in my pockets or possibly belt pouch.
Seeing how I'm doing the 10k this time I might throw on a hydration pack.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It is against the rules to croak at the Run N Gun.
Bring water.

Sounds like your gear will be divided up should you break the rules. There's some weird dudes out there in the woods - I hate to think of what might happen to your body.

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Banjo music and EK appearing over the rise...I'm not stopping to check my water.

If you are not seen, move 90 degrees off his direction of travel and set up an ambush. If you are seen, find an advantageous position to strong point and send up two red flares 10 seconds apart. Help is on the way.

Gabriel42

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What are everyones thoughts about running a 11.5" SBR'd AR in this? Think the 500yd stage will make it a no go? FYI Ive never gone past 50yds with it.

UMB said he is using a suppressed Mk18 (10.3") during the event. After talking to him, I think I'll be doing the same. He said he just figured out the dope for the rifle at 500y and plans to dial it in for that stage and adjust back after; was hitting 10" steel at 500y.

Latest posts

Top Bottom