Pecos Run N Gun 2013

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Congratulations to Justin Cocheran for WINNING the Pecos 2013 Run N Gun! Last time I saw him, he was passing a couple of competitors as he ran up the big hill after the 1,2, and 300 yard stage. I believe he is the first person to bring a trophy back to Oklahoma! Awesome!!!!!

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It was a great event. As always, it was a big learning opportunity and great test of self and equipment.

We RO's ran on Friday, when it rained on and off all morning and into the afternoon -- sometimes pretty heavily -- so runners and equipment were tested in a variety of ways. The paying competitors had very nice weather on Saturday. Everything ran very smoothly. I got to meet a lot of cool new people, and hang out with a lot of great people I already knew. The people who work events like these are just top shelf.

Great job Cocheran. Man, you really have a knack for this run 'n gun thing!

cocheran

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks guys!! It was so much fun. Almost had to miss it but was able to head down the night before and had to jet back right after. Wish I could have stayed for the dinner. I think it was stage 4 that whooped me good. I couldn't hold still. I had shooting sticks in my truck. Would have made a world of difference but would have had to carry them for 6 miles. I noticed the button that holds my pistol in holster was gone when I was gearing up to run and I had to hold it in the whole time. I also lost a holographic sight between stage 1 and 2. I first noticed it was gone watching the video back. I got it edited. Just need to upload it. Looking forward to the next one in Oklahoma.

Last edited:

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yep, stage 4 is the toughest... it gave a lot of people trouble. This year I used shooting sticks on it and did OK. However, I was RO for that stage, and the people with the quickest times just shot it all standing. I will have to practice shooting standing while tired. Yep, it kind of sucked to carry shooting sticks the whole time just to use on part of that one stage, but the ones I have are pretty light and unobtrusive. Mainly I didn't want a repeat of last year, when I sucked so bad on that stage that I barely finished under time.

Cocheran, are you coming to the zombie run n gun down in Davilla, TX next month?

Latest posts

Top Bottom