Perfect Going Away Present For Gun Enthusiasts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Cremated Ashes Packed into Ammunition

The process of having cremated ash placed in live ammunition begins when you contact us. You tell us what type of hunting or shooting that the decedent practiced and we can help you decide what will best suit your needs. Feel free to email us, call us at (251) 213-1211 or (251) 232-4414 or complete the proposal form on our Buy Holy Smoke page, and we will gladly discuss the options (caliber, gauge, etc.) available to you. We are here to serve you and want to simplify the ordering process as much as possible.

Once the caliber, gauge and other ammunition parameters have been selected, we will ask you (by way of your funeral service provider) to send approximately one pound of the decedents ash to us. Upon receiving the ashes our professional and reverent staff will place a measured portion of ash into each shotshell or cartridge. (Please note that our process uses only a portion of the ash from a typical cremation.)

Example: 1 Pound of ash is enough to produce 250 shotshells (one case).

awww.myholysmoke.com_images_20949786.jpg

Our return shipment to the sender will be the finished ammunition, boxed in available labeled ammunition boxes. We also offer mantle-worthy wooden carriers with engraved name plates. Your return shipment will also include any unused ash in a separate, labeled container.

awww.myholysmoke.com_images_21689673.jpg

Our Pricing

Our prices start at $1250.00 for 250 rounds (one case) of high quality, hand loaded leadshot shotshells in gauges .410, 28ga., 20ga., 16ga., 12ga. and 10ga. Other specialty loads such as migratory bird loads like bizmuth or steel, slugs and buckshot are the standard cost of $1250.00 per case plus the current market cost for specialty loads.

** All of our shotshells will be loaded within the component manufacturers exacting tolerances.**

Our prices for rifle cartridges start at $1250.00 for 100 rounds of high quality, hand loaded premium cartridges in standard calibers.

Our prices for rifle cartridges in larger calibers are $1250.00 plus current manufacturers costs for 100 rounds.

Wildcat cartridges and express cartridges can be loaded at our standard price of $1250.00 plus current manufacturers costs for 100 rounds.

What you get for the standard price of $1250.00 -

For the shotgunner:

250 shotshells (with your loved ones ashes loaded per shell) shipped in fifty-round, labeled, plastic shotshell carriers with handles.

For the rifle shooter:

100 cartridges in standard calibers (with your loved ones ashes loaded in each cartridge) shipped in labeled, plastic cartridge carriers.

For the pistol shooter:

250 cartridges in standard calibers (with your loved ones ashes loaded per cartridge) shipped in labeled, plastic cartridge carriers.

(Mantle-worthy, finished, wooden handcrafted boxes with labels are available for an additional $100.00 per box for either shotshells or cartridges.)

** All sales are final. Any unused ash will be returned to sender.**

http://www.myholysmoke.com/Our_Services.html

Last edited:

Lone Wolf '49

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am seriuolsy considering cremation unsure of what to do with the ashes, but posted sometime ago about this which well, let me just say was in the nature of vengeance on a neighbor. Good thought on your part. Older I get I just can't take the using of good soil for my body as doing any good these days.

radarmonkey

Let's go Brandon
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am seriuolsy considering cremation unsure of what to do with the ashes, but posted sometime ago about this which well, let me just say was in the nature of vengeance on a neighbor. Good thought on your part. Older I get I just can't take the using of good soil for my body as doing any good these days.

I think cremation is the way to go. If you are a fan of fireworks you can go out like this too.

http://www.heavensabovefireworks.com/

radarmonkey

Let's go Brandon
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think I will stick with the fireworks and ammo, but it's another cool idea. Better than lying in a high dollar box and rotting away if you ask me.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Little on the steep side, but interesting idea. Beats sitting on the mantle for sure!

I've always liked the idea of using the fired shells from a 21 gun salute for something as well. I have made pens and keychains out of them and I can also seal ashes into the keychain or make it a screw on type where you can do it yourself and then superglue it shut. They can be presented to family members or close friends as rememberance tokens. I haven't loaded pics onto the website yet, but probably this week they will be there.

Latest posts

Top Bottom