Perfect reasoning for having a QUALITY holster.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Some people gasp when I tell them what I spent on a particular holster. But then again, I've never shot myself in the arse.

Amen brother. Amen. I'm cheap as hell when it comes to stuff like razors and shaving cream but I like having quality leather.

P.S. I too have yet to shoot me self in me own arse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

firefighterguy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
People spend $500+ on a gun but can't afford a $100 or even $50 holster. It's literally the thing that protects your gun from going off while your carrying it.

Also can't afford good hp ammo. I cringe when people say they have an uncle mikes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

F16mickey

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The uncle mikes sausage sack strikes again.
He got a wad of shirttail in the trigger gaurd of his striker fired pistol, that could happen to almost any holster out there.
That's one of the reasons why I am starting to Change over my carry gun to a model with a hammer.

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The uncle mikes sausage sack strikes again.
He got a wad of shirttail in the trigger gaurd of his striker fired pistol, that could happen to almost any holster out there.
That's one of the reasons why I am starting to Change over my carry gun to a model with a hammer.
Yep. Slip your thumb over the hammer and insert gun firmly in holster. Works every time.

POKE1911

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Now I know you there are hundreds of thousands of striker fired (with no thumb safety) carried safely every day. But this is exactly why I am not 100% comfortable. Remember that cop that got the string from his jacket caught in the trigger guard. I think he was even wearing a retention holster. DA/SA gives you a strong enough pull that should prevent this. Striker/hammer with a safety makes it even need to be more of a perfect storm to set off the trigger. I think the advantages of not having a safety can be mitigated by training. Learning how to turn off the safety as part of your draw. Maybe I'm wrong.... It just seems pretty intuitive.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I believe definitely that the trigger should be covered, but this is just one of those deals.....guns go off.
Still, you probably arent going to convince anyone they need a safety on a carry gun....thats just not ....well, they just wont... ;)
I just never felt ....control ,with any non supported holster...be careful... ;)

Latest posts

Top Bottom