Perfect reasoning for having a QUALITY holster.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

firefighterguy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The uncle mikes sausage sack strikes again.
He got a wad of shirttail in the trigger gaurd of his striker fired pistol, that could happen to almost any holster out there.
That's one of the reasons why I am starting to Change over my carry gun to a model with a hammer.

Why would that change what happened in the article. It didn't ad while he was holstering. It was while he was sitting down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

F16mickey

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why would that change what happened in the article. It didn't ad while he was holstering. It was while he was sitting down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hammer fired could have prevented this because any movement in of the trigger can be felt if you put your thumb over the hammer while holstering.
While it went off while he was sitting there was probably trigger movement during holstering.
Plus the longer trigger pull of most D/A provides another margin of safety.
Could it still have happened with a hammer fired weapon? Maybe, but it would be much harder to do with a DAO, DA/SA or LEM action.

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Whats wrong with looking down at the holster while holstering to make sure everything goes smoothly? I think it's just too easy to get overly comfortable and not pay as much attention.

F16mickey

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Whats wrong with looking down at the holster while holstering to make sure everything goes smoothly? I think it's just too easy to get overly comfortable and not pay as much attention.

It looks like from where he shot himself, that he would not have been able to look his pistol into the holster.
He would have been better off buy taking the holster off, then putting the pistol in the holster and finally putting the holster back IWB.
But I agree with you, looking your pistol into your holster is a good idea.

Latest posts

Top Bottom