Pigs from the week

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Had a couple of decent hunts this week. Went out to one of my regular spots Monday evening and the pigs were already out in the pasture, but weren't too accessible. One of them saw me pull in and darted back to the thicket, but 4 or 5 stayed out in the open. I started making my stalk but the only thing I had for cover was an old corral. I made it to within 50 yards of them and my stupid phone started ringing. Took me forever to get it out of my pocket and either the pigs heard it or they caught wind of me or something. They bolted for the thicket but I did manage to give one a courtesy shot in the butt as he was leaving. He didn't go down, but he went weee weee weee all the way home. The phone call was from my buddy who was driving past the other end of the ranch a couple of miles away and said there were a dozen or so hogs out under some pecan trees. So I jumped in the truck and located them. There was about 400 yards between me and the pigs with very little cover, but I kept one little bush between me and them till I got about 75 yards away from them. Caught my breath for a few minutes and let them get a little closer to me then started throwing lead. I managed to get two down and a third that was wounded but made it to the treeline. Notice the fine gut shots... hehe

[Broken External Image]
This little nappy headed thing had cockleburrs all in it.
[Broken External Image]

Wednesday morning I was out on my morning drive before work and came across 6 or 8 that was bedded down near the treeline at the edge of the pasture. Stepped out from behind the tree and put a bullet between her eyes. Took bout half a second and the others were gone, so didn't manage another shot.

[Broken External Image]

keystone1974

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anytime I can hunt or even just clean the ones u kill Please call me when u go out... I live in Tulsa and lately all my spots suck. I love the taste of hog and will drive to ur dead piggies. My number is 918-949-8650 thank You!!!!

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes sir, it is. Probably not the optimal gun for hog huntin, but it is my truck gun so always seems to be what I use. Good thing about it, even with a gut shot, they don't go far. Last night I changed my weapon of choice and used the ol SKS and got this boar. I'm afraid he might be the last one I get out of this herd though. Usually they run back into their thicket after I shoot, but this time they took out across the pasture. The direction they were headed, there isn't another tree for a mile and a half, so I don't really see them coming back.

[Broken External Image]

Latest posts

Top Bottom