I HATE PIGS>>>>>>!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OkieJoe72

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hogs can easily tear up a piece of property if they’re not eliminated. I bought some land a few years back that had hogs passing through on a regular basis. I have never worn my seatbelt on my tractor until I mowed that land. The hogs had rutted it up so bad that I thought I was going to bounce off my tractor while trying to get part of it mowed. The hogs have been greatly reduced, but I still have some coming through at times.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wow... That's amazing. I haven't seen many around Ada but there were quite a few in the area around Altus.
They're not too far from Ada. Dad and I saw one running along the road just south of Calvin last fall when we were on our way to the deer processor at Stonewall.

Steelers Fan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They tore up a feeder of mine pretty bad before. Your gonna have to hop the neighbor's fence and scrounge up or pull a few of his t-post. Pick a spot where you want the deer to cross the neighbor's fence and cut off that top and bottom (for the fawns) strand of wire. Use his wire to tie your feeder down to his t-post. ( Jokelahoma / Hickabilly 101 economics )

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They're not too far from Ada. Dad and I saw one running along the road just south of Calvin last fall when we were on our way to the deer processor at Stonewall.

I believe that. I think there's just so many more trees and brush around here they're harder to spot. Flat and treeless out in the SW part of the state. I saw one so big laying dead on the roadside between Altus and Vernon once that I thought it was a young cow.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We grow them big on the river.....the feeder held 600#'s of corn and had a total weight of 900 #'s when full and it was staked down with 24" rebarb on each corner.....they pushed it over 40 feet from where it was setup at
Rebar like you used it isn’t going to slow up a pig.…ask me how I know. :rolleyes2

I had to drive t posts deep beside all the legs and wire them together. The best thing I did to hinder the pigs is switch from throw feeders to protein type feeders. They’ll still try to get the feed out of the tubes, but unless it’s a really big hog, they’re not going to be successful.

Hodrod

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I sure would love to help you with that problem! I’ve got a crew that could put a hurt on your pig population, and we will even haul them off.
Thanks for the offer but I have a friend that has a boar buster trap that sells the ones over 100#'s to local game ranches.....he just has a hard time keeping up.....I'll keep your offer in mind though....thanks

Steelers Fan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I seen them in Ada. There were a couple running from Pigskin's BBQ on Stonebriar. Then I seen a driver have difficulty loading some in the truck at the Prairie Kitchen Restaurant off of the Richardson Loop. Oddly they were partially clothed.

Latest posts

Top Bottom