Pilot Being Kicked Out Of USAF For Refusing Covid Shot

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Heartbroken USAF Pilot Purged After Putting Faith Over Biden

This young man is being discharged from the USAF because he refused the Covid vaccine. There is a shortage of pilots in the military as well as in the civilian world and it the cost is phenomenal to train a pilot in the military . The RAND Corporation recently released an interesting report examining the cost of training pilots on various U.S. Air Force platforms. The methodology focused on several criteria such as operating and support costs, fixed and variable costs as well as costs per flying hour across the whole pilot syllabus. The resulting estimates were very high across all of the platforms analyzed. The cost of training a basic qualified fighter pilot adds up to an estimated $5.6 million for an F-16 pilot, $10.17 million for an F-35A pilot and $10.9 million for an F-22 pilot.
Every branch of the U.S. military is struggling to meet its 2022 recruiting goal Only 9% of those Americans 17-24 eligible to serve in the military have any inclination to do so. Only 23% of Americans ages 17-24 are qualified to serve without a waiver to join.
In the sixties, it cost-if I remember correctly, a little over $100,000 to train a pilot in the Air Fore bit today the costs are far above that.

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hey, it's the military. You follow orders. No sympathy here.
Actually, you follow lawful orders, not all orders. There are exceptions that make certain orders not lawful and is this one of those cases. Realistically, he’s not fighting the order he’s fighting the policy under which the military leader gave the order. There are already public laws that make exceptions possible and detail the circumstances under which those exception should be granted. A reasonable argument can be made that that law is being ignored in this case.

24+ years active duty as an officer and now 11+ years as a department of the Army civil servant, lots of sympathy here.

Jgibs0321

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Id beg to differ. Orders that go against moral values fit for disobedience. Kind of like the orders of “shoot your own Marines, shoot those non combatants that just work that field, drink this beer boot” things of that nature. The concept of “you follow orders” is the most dangerous phrase ever associated with military members. I refused a flu shot because they are worthless, and one of our wonderful corpsman dropped it in the trash, signed the line and said “there ya go man!”. Order gridlock and plan gridlock leads to no critical thinkers and our fighting forces overall are not critically thinking BUT SHOULD BE.

Jgibs0321

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Actually, you follow lawful orders, not all orders. There are exceptions that make certain orders not lawful and is this one of those cases. Realistically, he’s not fighting the order he’s fighting the policy under which the military leader gave the order. There are already public laws that make exceptions possible and detail the circumstances under which those exception should be granted. A reasonable argument can be made that that law is being ignored in this case.

24+ years active duty as an officer and now 11+ years as a department of the Army civil servant, lots of sympathy here.
Its a sad time to be apart of the DOD. Many of us left before it got to this point. When the mil across the board is more concerned with pampering the homosexuals, africans, hispanics, and females…. Over demanding your new identity is as a marine, soldier, sailor, airman, etc., dedicated to the life and mission and defense of your people and constitution…. And combat readiness and survival skills as best one before experiencing the real deal, you know its full of cancerous, piss poor, self thinking leadership. Maybe they will straighten up or maybe this ship will just sink.

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have never been in the military due to medical issues not that i didnt try but from what i have been seeing sometimes im glad i didnt. In todays world the Dictators only wants them that will follow orders regardless whether they are right or wrong and dont want anyone that can think for themselves, and those that think they wont turn against their own people are sadly mistaken cause they are trained to follow not think only do as told to do. There are some that will do the right thing but the majority will follow orders regardless.

LongDDan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It has to do with readiness, at least in the Army. Different countries won't let unvaccinated people into their country. There is a DOD religious exemption process also. The military gets lots of shots before going into other countries, if he isn't will to get the shot or go through the official channels to be exempt, maybe the military isn't for him. The USAF will keep on doing its job. Everyone is replaceable

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Should some alphabet agency mistakenly kick down your door and raid your house are you still going to feel that way when they say, "We were just following orders..."?

There is no rational reason why this vaccine is being forced on millions of people. Offer it up with an option to accept or decline. I think it's pretty well established it doesn't really prevent COVID. I do think it offers some protection if one contracts the disease. But if you have to revise the definition of "vaccine" several times to fit your narrative as to why EVERYONE should have this shot, it's really not a vaccine.

Air Force "leadership" made a bad decision here and I'm guessing it was made for political reasons rather than safety reasons. And now other pilots will look at this guy's case and maybe have second thoughts about refusing the shot.

My son retires in a year. He's been able to get temporary waivers to avoid the shot for several months now for one reason or another. He's likely gonna have to get it soon...he's running out of excuses.

Latest posts

Top Bottom