Poll about allowing suppressors for hunting purposes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Allow suppressors in Oklahoma for hunting purposes

• Yes allow suppressors for hunting purposes

Votes: 254 84.1%
  • No don't allow suppressors for hunting purposes

Votes: 48 15.9%

• Total voters

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
SB1743 passed the House vote 77-5 so it looks like there might be a little bit of clarification of the bill language then on to the Governor for her signature!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guess logical thought and argument prevailed to get this bill passed in both House and Senate.

I can hear the wailing and lamentations of the wimminfolk now. :)

rlt7272

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
SB1743 passed the House vote 77-5 so it looks like there might be a little bit of clarification of the bill language then on to the Governor for her signature!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guess logical thought and argument prevailed to get this bill passed in both House and Senate.

Yep, cause we all know that every bill passed by the House and Senate are full of logical thought and in the best interest of the people of the State of Oklahoma.

vdub

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yep, cause we all know that every bill passed by the House and Senate are full of logical thought and in the best interest of the people of the State of Oklahoma.

You still here?!?! Can you provide more arguments in favor of this bill?!? I like it when people try to argue against something but end up supporting it!!!

By the way I didn't say the bill was full of logical thought. I said logical thought and argument prevailed by passing this initial step of removing the restrictions on suppressor use. It would be filled with logical thought if it just eliminated the regulation against suppressors completely, like DG stated. That was what I was wanting from the beginning but that would not have made it out of committee much less both houses.

Don't worry though if this gets signed into law, you will still have a choice not to use them and I will have mine to use them. No need to get all butthurt about letting people have more choices!!!

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just as a side note, the Fed law will never go away no matter what. Once a tax is in to fund another organization, the feds won't allow it to go away. The tax stamp will be with us forever, BUT, maybe we can use the extended shotgun barrels.

rlt7272

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If the idea and concept of using supressors for hunting is so good, then why did the House and Senate limit the use to private land only? The state doesnt care about the hearing protection of the public land hunters? What about the people who live next to public hunting land, they dont get to have their soundwaves protected too? Not a bill for the good of all people but for the good of a slect small number of people.

As far as being one step closer to removing all restrictions how about considering seat belts. At one time it was a choice to use them but now that choice has been taken away and you have to or risk getting a ticket. I see this as a potental move the other way and the possibility is there for someone to tell me I have to use a supressor.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
If the idea and concept of using supressors for hunting is so good, then why did the House and Senate limit the use to private land only? The state doesnt care about the hearing protection of the public land hunters? What about the people who live next to public hunting land, they dont get to have their soundwaves protected too? Not a bill for the good of all people but for the good of a slect small number of people.

As far as being one step closer to removing all restrictions how about considering seat belts. At one time it was a choice to use them but now that choice has been taken away and you have to or risk getting a ticket. I see this as a potental move the other way and the possibility is there for someone to tell me I have to use a supressor.

Seriously? Will you stop hunting and shooting if they make you use one? I always wear my seat belt by the way, it's been proven to save lives.

rlt7272

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Seriously? Will you stop hunting and shooting if they make you use one? I always wear my seat belt by the way, it's been proven to save lives.

The rule saying you could not use a supressor never stopped anyone from hunting either.

Good for you and the seat belt usage, however its still against the law not to so the option not to has been removed.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
The rule saying you could not use a supressor never stopped anyone from hunting either.

Good for you and the seat belt usage, however its still against the law not to so the option not to has been removed.[/QUOTE

You didn't answer my question. Would you stop shooting and hunting if they required you to use a can? I'm good with whatever your answer is, just curious.]

Latest posts

Top Bottom