Project Gunrunner Specifically Authorized and Funded by Law

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
http://pajamasmedia.com/tatler/2011...ner-and-obama-signed-funding-for-it-into-law/
I posted in the thread: “Only time “gun” or “firearm” appears is in the part that give $10,000,000 to the ATF for Project Gunrunner. That was H.R. 495, asking for 15,000,000 for Gunrunner”.
H.R. 495 that I mentioned never made it out of committee, but it looks as it was to specifically fund Gunrunner.
Instead portions of it were rolled into the stimulus package a month later. That text found in H.R.1 is:
For an additional amount for ‘State and Local Law Enforcement Assistance’, $40,000,000, for competitive grants to provide assistance and equipment to local law enforcement along the Southern border and in High-Intensity Drug Trafficking Areas to combat criminal narcotics activity stemming from the Southern border, of which $10,000,000 shall be transferred to ‘Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, Salaries and Expenses’ for the ATF Project Gunrunner.
Notice that’s $40,000,000 for Southern border enforcement, $10,000,000 of which specifically for Project Gunrunner. What does $10 million pay for here? It didn’t hire any new agents that I am aware of.
For the record, Obama signed the bill into law. Still, he insists:

Last edited by a moderator:

MaddSkillz

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Conspiracy to further demonize American gun-owners so more anti-2nd Amendment legislation could be accepted and passed. And obviously they have no problem killing people to further their agenda.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wow, I was sure this was going to turn out to be another stupid internet rumor...but when I pulled up and searched the full text of 2009's H.R. 1, it was really in there.

Of course they will beg off and say they didn't know the details of the project etc...

gaseous maximus

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
They had to pass the bill to see what was in it.
IMHO that bill should have been unconstitutional, for that one statement alone, as I feel it violated the spirit, if not the letter of the law. I would like to see every one who voted for it impeached. I feel we pay the suckers enough TO KNOW WHAT THEY'RE VOTING ON BEFORE THE FACT. which I'm sure Miss Nancy did. Sorry for the rant.

Latest posts

Top Bottom