Public Service Announcement

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Two Gun Warrior

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'll take my 2020 F-250 with the 430hp Godzilla gas engine that has pulled over 14,000 pounds 50,000 miles + with zero issues over every mountain pass in the Rockies in cruise control at the speed limit for the win.
I don't believe it, I have pulled over Raton many a time and with any kind of load it is going to pull you back at least one gear.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You do know those are not really cummins, they were Perkins bought by cummins, for use in dodge. Still a great engine.

Nope! Two different engines and two different builders.

Wifes tale. The 354 Perkins is very similar in size and such, but not twins! Biggest difference is the Perkins was designed to run at a 30 degree angle for low profile applications. They are good engines, we ran Massey Fergusons for many years before moving to John Deere and Vermeer.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't believe it, I have pulled over Raton many a time and with any kind of load it is going to pull you back at least one gear.
Never said I didn't drop a gear. With the 10 speed transmission, you can easily drop 4 gears and still maintain the speed limit.

Two Gun Warrior

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nope! Two different engines and two different builders.

Wifes tale. The 354 Perkins is very similar in size and such, but not twins! Biggest difference is the Perkins was designed to run at a 30 degree angle for low profile applications. They are good engines, we ran Massey Fergusons for many years before moving to John Deere and Vermeer.
What masseys were you running that were on a 30 degree angle? Not all perkins ran that way.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Case engines were a cummins design, One head for every 2 pistons. and the bosch pumps.

Wrong again sir. While they have their similarities, two different engines built by two different companies.

Wife’s side of the Family owns Hagan Tractor Service Broken Arrow Ok, they rebuild and refurbish for Case Corporation. The 6BT/4BT is a remarkable engine, as well as the 6.345 Perkins.

6BT was released in 1988. The 6.345 Perkins was released around 1958.

I’d buy Clessie Cummins all the beer he could drink, if I could!

Last edited:

Two Gun Warrior

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Did not state ran in tractors. The Perkins engine that gets confuse with the 6BT Cummins was designed to run at a 30 degree angle! It is a wifes tale that a Perkins mfg the 6BT.
You said in #22 that you ran Massey Ferguson up until you switched to John deere. The Perkins I am familiar with are in Massey ferguson tractors and construction equipment. They are not on a 30 degree design. I still own one in a JCB backhoe.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You said in #22 that you ran Massey Ferguson up until you switched to John deere. The Perkins I am familiar with are in Massey ferguson tractors and construction equipment. They are not on a 30 degree design. I still own one in a JCB backhoe.

One last time. I stated the 6.345 Perkins that people hear the wives tale about being a Cummins 6BT. Never stated they were used in the modern tractors we ran.

Latest posts

Top Bottom