Public Service Announcement

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryP

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
For any of you that may be interested in picking up some native Oklahoma pecans.
While walking the dog at Jenks West Elementary today I noticed multiple large pecan trees that are loaded with pecans and quite a few on the ground.
So I’m posting pics of A and C buildings and the trees are located on school property directly north across the street.
F building is across the street to the north but several hundred yards from the street.
Bring a long pole to shake with and a battery operated leaf blower and have at em.

Attachments

• IMG_1938.jpeg
    IMG_1938.jpeg
    4.1 MB · Views: 3
  • IMG_1937.jpeg
    IMG_1937.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1936.jpeg
    IMG_1936.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1935.jpeg
    IMG_1935.jpeg
    4.4 MB · Views: 0

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
For any of you that may be interested in picking up some native Oklahoma pecans.
While walking the dog at Jenks West Elementary today I noticed multiple large pecan trees that are loaded with pecans and quite a few on the ground.
So I’m posting pics of A and C buildings and the trees are located on school property directly north across the street.
F building is across the street to the north but several hundred yards from the street.
Bring a long pole to shake with and a battery operated leaf blower and have at em.
Awesome! Wish I was closer. Love pecans.
Back when my buddy's daughter started at OU in Norman, I helped move her stuff to her Sorority.
There were three white oak acorn trees on the property that were covering the ground with acorns.
Buddy and I asked if it was OK to pick up some and got a Please get them off the property response.
We almost filled up the back of my pickup with them after going to Lowes for rakes and shovels.
We read that acorn is the #1 favorite of deer to eat.
No acorns in Grant county, so when we spread them out, they went untouched for a long time.
Then a few started eating them, and they were gone.

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Going to a friends house today and picking what we can. Good tip on the leaf blower so will take mine. I think she has one of those hand held pecan picker things where you just push the basket down over the pecan and it goes into the basket.
1702221204394.png

Latest posts

Top Bottom