Question about ar15 trigger and springs..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

93turbohatch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am been looking at some different triggers and springs. I have some people telling that the jp springs are just as good as buying a high end trigger group. What are your thoughts, is it better to just change out the springs and it be just as good as some of the after market triggers..Is there are really that much of a difference. I just want to get rid of the gritty trigger pull of the mil spec.

I currently have a dpms parts kit.

Any incite would be appreciated.

Hump66

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Springs alone will never equal a Geissele trigger. If you want a great combat trigger and for a good price get an ALG Defense ACT trigger. They're only $65 and a huge step up from a stock trigger.

ASP785

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The springs are certainly nice. They offer a pretty significant reduced pull from most stock kits. However the downside is that you are lightening the hammer spring to accomplish the reduced pull. This could cause problems igniting mil-spec or hard primers. The Geissele SSA/SD triggers accomplish their pull with proper geometry and crisp sear surfaces while still utilizing a full power hammer spring.

gmar

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The springs aren't as good or an exact replacement for a $200+ trigger but its A LOT better then the stock trigger.

thaHooligan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was also tryin to make this decision recently. Wanted a better trigger but didn't want to spend $200. Ive never tried or used a high quality trigger, but I know after polishing and adding the lighter springs to mine, it made a big improvement over the way it was. Its worked great for me and so far and I havent had any problems with it. I fixed the link and embeded the video I made when I did mine.

Last edited by a moderator:

midman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The springs alone aren't anywhere near as nice as a aftermarket trigger group. I had the yellow JP springs and quickly changed the whole trigger group out when I wasn't satisfied

Dirty Dave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What ammo has anyone had problems firing with the JP springs???? That is the only reason I haven't got a few sets of their springs. I have a couple thousand rds of Tula steel and didn't know if they would work very well with it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom