Question about Remington CS on discontinued items

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Here is my unfortunate saga / situation on this...

About 3 years ago, give or take, I bought a brand new "Remington Spartan" (Baikal) combo gun - full retail. The SPR-94 in 12 ga over / .223 Rem under. Thought I was very pleased with it initially, because I have shot the shotgun on several occasions at the range, and even scoped it, sighted it for the shotgun, and taken it along it as a backup spring turkey gun.

But never got around to shooting the .223 Rem barrel until a couple months ago. Put a big scope on, went to the range with a bunch of Black Hills 52s and high hopes, but all I got was clicks - the .223 barrel won't fire at all - not even a dent in the primer (maybe no firing pin at all??).

The gun is like new, but I think it's too late to have H&H help me (not sure since it's been so long). Anyway, meantime, Remington quit importing these with their brand on it.

Think they will make it right? I'm guessing yes, but thought I'd ask if anyone knew. OK, I'll call them and keep y'all updated. I consider myself a Remington guy, in part, so it'll be interesting to see how much they stand behind this thing... Note to self: Don't buy Baikal stuff anymore.

Latest posts

Top Bottom