• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to OKShooters Association and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member

North East OK Remington 514 22lr single shot bolt - with very bad modification

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ok-22shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Sub Category
Rifles
Is this item for sale?
  1. For Sale
Sale Price
135$
Caliber
22lr
North of the river, 74008, Bixby, Oklahoma, United States
This came from a older family member. I had thought it was a Stevens until I pulled it out of the safe today. Story is this was done back in maybe the 60s to put a scope on. I don't think a scope ever got there. Bore is good. Gun seems to function fine. Stock has your typical 60 plus year old gun dings. A small grind mark is in the barrel just off the front of the bracket. As this is all bad, maybe an replacement barrel is the best route. Stock has your typical 60 plus year old gun dings. Probably at least re-oiled at some point in time. Welded bracket is in the area of the rear site tapped holes.

Currently watching bids on Gunbroker that range from the $150 to many hundreds. If the offers are too low, I will Dremel off the bracket and drill and tap for a rear peep site I have. Proof of OK residency required.

Attachments

• rem 514 97.JPG
    rem 514 97.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 18
  • rem 514 95.JPG
    rem 514 95.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • rem 514 94.JPG
    rem 514 94.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • rem 514 93.JPG
    rem 514 93.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 0

busterheiney

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think that's a great example of how innovative people used to be. Instead of buying a premade mount (if one even existed back then), they made their own. Just heartwarming!

capnkirk462

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This came from a older family member. I had thought it was a Stevens until I pulled it out of the safe today. Story is this was done back in maybe the 60s to put a scope on. I don't think a scope ever got there. Bore is good. Gun seems to function fine. Stock has your typical 60 plus year old gun dings. A small grind mark is in the barrel just off the front of the bracket. As this is all bad, maybe an replacement barrel is the best route. Stock has your typical 60 plus year old gun dings. Probably at least re-oiled at some point in time. Welded bracket is in the area of the rear site tapped holes.

Currently watching bids on Gunbroker that range from the $150 to many hundreds. If the offers are too low, I will Dremel off the bracket and drill and tap for a rear peep site I have. Proof of OK residency required.
Getting a little nostalgic, a 514 was my first rifle. GLWS.

crispy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
ya'll would be surprised the lack of gun parts just 20 years ago. We got it good now. so much crap to drop coin on now a days
Right? I remember trying to buy stuff even 15 years ago and having trouble finding parts. Faster internet (well internet in general) in rural areas has made it way easier to buy and sell parts for a lot of people.

sixtninecat

New to the site!
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I'm interested in the 514 my son has one and I now have 2 broken bolts after buying a used one please contact me at 302-469-1069. I'm in OKC but have an out of state number b/c Air Force thanks

Latest posts

Top Bottom