Question on loading 45 auto

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dugby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I ran into the first ones I have seen saturday. Real pain in a progressive press. Only had 3 or 4 of them.

It would be cool to have one less type of primer to work with, but with the brass I have that may be a good long while.

O

OkieGentleman

I was loading some 45 ACP mixed brass the other day and found out the hard way that there was some small pistol primer brass mixed in the 2000 that I had bought. It announced its presence by blowing the primer when I was cycling my Loadmaster progessive. Not only that (stupid me) I did not realize why it happened and dropped the off size case back into the case feeder. %&$#@ thing did it again!! I almost wet myself both times. Stopped reloading and inspected EVERYTHING, dumped the cases, used a drill bit for a size checker. I was going blind eyeing all those cases thus the drill bit. Found 4 cases in the batch I had cleaned and prepped for loading. I will go thru the batch that I have cleaned and set aside for future before I even start to run the progressive press again.

Yes panayoti01 they are out there I found my first ones last weekend the hard way. And I only wet my pants a little bit!
:smash:

Latest posts

Top Bottom