rail mounted light/laser

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

calh4289

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Any experience with Streamlight flashlight/laser combos? I'm looking for a rail mounted light for my sig sp2022. Any suggestions on a quality light that doesnt cost a fortune?

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The TLR-1 is second only to the Surefire X-300. As for laser/light combos, I'm not a fan. I'd imagine that the TLR-2 is probably a decent choice.

kevin40_2001

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Check out the different series and videos from Viridian. I run the X5L on my XD. They have several new models since I purchased last. The light is very bright and their lasers are some of the best, IMO.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Keep in mind that a quality light isn't necessarily going to show in the appearance, specs, or even in how it performs at a gun show. The electronics, switches, battery connections and other critical components need to be rugged and well built. Otherwise you wind up with a part that short circuits, fails to turn on, falls off the gun, etc. when under recoil. That's why companies like Streamlight and Surefire are recommended and others are not. On serious weapons forums with hard use professionals and tier one trainers as subject matter experts, the two aforementioned makers are about the only ones that get a recommendation when it comes to weapon mounted lights, particularly for pistols. For AR's and such, there are a few more that can be used with pretty decent reliability, but pistol and shotgun recoil take their toll on lesser brands pretty quickly.

Viridian is known to make a decent product, but I've heard negative reports on their customer service. Not a problem, so long as you don't have a problem of course!

kevin40_2001

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have to agree with Glocktogo. I haven't had any problems with my Viridian but I have heard the same. I also own a TLR-1. You can change out the mount pieces and move it between a rifle and a pistol which is a plus.

Glock31

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was issued the TLR2 played with the laser but never found the laser practical for anything other then taking it off my pistol and watching my pup chase the dot lol. But I bought a tlr1 have had it 3 years and still using it everyday.

Latest posts

Top Bottom