Ran out of clicks on scope. Shimming the scope question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Honey Badger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So I got a new scope for my rifle. The old one was total junk. Went to sight it in today. Windahe adjustment is just fine. However elevation clicks maxed out. I have to use the 400 yard bubble at 100 yards to hit the target. The scope holds a great group. So my question.

I need to shim the front scope ring? Both? Any advice? Thanks.

yes I know I should buy a new 20 MOA base. I can’t afford that. I’m going shim it. Thanks in advance for the help.

Mike

gmar

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What scope is it? I had this happen once with my 1.5-8x Burris XTR II. All I had to do is remove the turret, turn it about half a turn and reinstall it. Then I had extra clicks. It was stopping because of the zero stop.

Honey Badger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What scope is it? I had this happen once with my 1.5-8x Burris XTR II. All I had to do is remove the turret, turn it about half a turn and reinstall it. Then I had extra clicks. It was stopping because of the zero stop.

it is a Nikon Buckmaster. 4x12x40. What do you mean remove the turrets?

Honey Badger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You shouldn't need a 20moa base for 100 yards. Something is out of whack somewhere.

Are you sure that the rings aren't different heights or that the base is mounted correctly? Maybe it is a 20moa base put on backwards, if that's possible.
These are just regular mounts off of another rifle. That’s why I am asking. Are they different heights maybe?

Latest posts

Top Bottom