Rare bird last seen in Britain 22 years ago reappears,

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
only to be killed by wind turbine in front of a horrified crowd of birdwatchers!

The white-throated needletail is usually only seen in Asia and Australasia
Forty birdwatchers dashed to the Hebrides to catch a glimpse of this one
But as they watched it was knocked 'stone dead' after impact with turbine

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...tail-killed-wind-turbine-crowd-twitchers.html

OK I have been fighting with myself for a week over linking this story, but the headline was so perfect I could not pass it up. :D

jmike314

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I hope charges are pending....tell me that's not the scariest looking windmill you've ever seen. I'm betting it's high capacity too...no turbine needs blades that big.

i.dailymail.co.uk_i_pix_2013_06_27_article_2350267_1A8A998B000005DC_738_634x468.jpg

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Part of me wants to laugh, part of me wants to cry, and part of me wants a beer. Wonder which part will win.

This is the sort of thing that should give us all some perspective. Life is hard. Then we die.

I think the laughing part is in the lead right now. Long way to the garage fridge. I really feel for the Brits with the binoculars. At least the bird was what is called an "accidental" (little irony there in this unfortunate case) rather than being an endangered species.

Anybody seen any Inca dove in OK lately?

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Part of me wants to laugh, part of me wants to cry, and part of me wants a beer. Wonder which part will win.

This is the sort of thing that should give us all some perspective. Life is hard. Then we die.

I think the laughing part is in the lead right now. Long way to the garage fridge. I really feel for the Brits with the binoculars. At least the bird was what is called an "accidental" (little irony there in this unfortunate case) rather than being an endangered species.

Anybody seen any Inca dove in OK lately?

Same reaction I had when I first read the piece.

Yes Johnny Wind Power is very hard on wildlife, luckily for them they get a pass here in the US for all the endangered birds they kill. Unlike every other business.

Latest posts

Top Bottom