Raw Milk

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Braums milk is the bomb.
As is their cottage cheese.
The absolute best milk I have ever had was homogenized, but unpasteurized, raw milk from a small dairy right here in central OK.

In CA each batch of raw milk is tested for bacteria and if it tests negative it's good to bottle and ship to the stores.
That sounds like a reasonable compromise to me.

kd5rjz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A couple months ago, my wife got some non-pasteurized in glass bottles from Petty's. It's nasty and cost about $7/gal. It was from a company called "Memory Lane", based in Missouri.

Nick710

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Section 7-414 - Title 2. Agriculture
Cite as: O.S. §, __ __

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A. The provisions of the Oklahoma Milk and Milk Products Act shall not be construed to:

1. Include incidental sales of raw milk directly to consumers at the farm where the milk is produced;

2. Preclude the advertising of the incidental sale of goat milk; and

3. Prohibit any farmer or producer from making cheese using milk or cream produced on the farm of such farmer or producer.

B. For purposes of this section, incidental sales of goat milk are those sales where the average monthly number of gallons sold does not exceed one hundred (100).

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I purchased raw goat's milk from a place down in Slaughterville (I think?) a few years back. We were trying to find a suitable milk for my son, who had terrible cow's milk allergies and couldn't take standard formula. We settled on soy ultimately, but we gave the goat milk a try.

It was, kinda funky tasting. Tasted like dust was in the milk. Unsure if that is because it was raw milk, or goat's milk.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I purchased raw goat's milk from a place down in Slaughterville (I think?) a few years back. We were trying to find a suitable milk for my son, who had terrible cow's milk allergies and couldn't take standard formula. We settled on soy ultimately, but we gave the goat milk a try.

It was, kinda funky tasting. Tasted like dust was in the milk. Unsure if that is because it was raw milk, or goat's milk.
It was cause it was from a goat.

Good raw milk is some of the sweetest smoothest tasting milk there is.
Kind of like adding some half and half to a gallon of store milk but even better.

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What I was taught in school back in the mid 50's was that it was in our best interest that milk be pasteurized and homogenized since raw milk was bad for you. You see we children were taught that it carries all kinds of bad germs, especially the tuberculosis germs. Scary! It was good that the government made the milk man take out most of the cream, boil the milk and homogenize it. It was for our own good don't ya know. Our own good!

Now that I think about it seems like the nanny state existed way back then. Damn! And I'm just now realizing that I was being indoctrinated by the school system those many years ago. Then again I've gotten over most of it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom