RECOIL magazine thinks the MP7 is too much gun for you civvie scumbags!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Is the best chance at civilian service for HK still that large dealer out of the Seattle area? I knew they were doing a lot of scouring internet forums trying to do business but generally offer a positive web presence for the brand.

One of the guys on there (John, I think is his name) is a big LandCruiser and Toyota enthusiast.

I couldn't tell you because I try to stay away from HK in general. I know when I worked in LE sales, HK, Glock & Sigarms were the Big 3 dealing in ass pain. Well, Ruger was as well, but their volume was significantly smaller (by their own design). They were all superbly adept at making my life miserable. :(

technetium-99m

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I'm just gonna throw this out there. If HK were to bring a reliable 9mm MP5 rifle to market in the US and the mags weren't ungodly expensive, they would sell quite a few. Maybe not enough to open up a factory here but I think more people would buy them than you think.

An alternative would be to import some sort of sporting configuration and let end users convert them with US made parts.

I'd buy one in either case, the few I've shot were more fun than a barrel full of monkeys.

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This looks like the nearly universal problem with gun rags. They're controlled by the advertising dollars, which means companies like HK (even if they aren't a current advertiser, they're a potential advertiser). HK has never had good customer relations on the civilian side. They hold themselves out as elite and they embody that premise. Why anyone would listen to what they think is beyond me. :(

Let's hope so.

http://soldiersystems.net/2012/09/12/companies-who-have-dropped-advertising-with-recoil-magazine/

Companies Who Have Dropped Advertising With ‘Recoil’ Magazine

Silencerco
Panteao Productions
ITS Tactical
Haley Strategic Partners
Truly Tactical
Magpul Industries
Bravo Company USA
Surefire
DSG Arms
TNVC, Inc
Vortex Optics
Advanced Armament Corp
ITW Military Products
Mission First Tactical
Ares Armor

XD-9Guy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Let's hope so.

http://soldiersystems.net/2012/09/12/companies-who-have-dropped-advertising-with-recoil-magazine/

Companies Who Have Dropped Advertising With ‘Recoil’ Magazine

Silencerco
Panteao Productions
ITS Tactical
Haley Strategic Partners
Truly Tactical
Magpul Industries
Bravo Company USA
Surefire
DSG Arms
TNVC, Inc
Vortex Optics
Advanced Armament Corp
ITW Military Products
Mission First Tactical
Ares Armor

Yankee Hill Machine just added themselves to that list. These guys may have really screwed themselves.

Latest posts

Top Bottom