Recommendations Please

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BDSolutionsArdmore

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
First, I'm looking for a 22 can that will spend probably 75% of its time on a 22/45 and the rest of the time on a 10/22 that I will just have to have after I get a 22 can. Just about everything I have read has been a tossup of Sparrow SS fans and Element fans. Just looking for some first had recommendations if anyone cares to chime in.

Second, I'm looking for a can I will be able to use on my 7.62, 300 Win Mag, and my 338 LM. I know this is not the ideal choice to make but for now I'm wanting one can to fit the bill for all three rifles. My initial interest went to the TiTAN, but I know there are plenty more out there. Can anyone speak for any of the large bore cans and help me out here?

Thank you in advance for your replies and Happy Thanksgiving!!

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't have any idea on the can, but just wanted to say Happy Thanksgiving to you Brian and hope you'll also pass it along to the other guys in country. I for one am thankful that you all choose to wear the uniform every single day. A big Ooh-rah from this old Marine to y'all.

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Titan is a no brainer on the 338 can. It is pure awesome. You won't get a lot of first hand reviews on 338 cans but I own a TITAN and have heard a couple others. I also shoot 30-06 through it. The folks that have the YHM 338 can seem happy but it definitely isn't the quietest one. If you're going big I'd pop for the thread on titanium TiTAN. The weight savings is awesome over the SS version. I have the older 2" SS thread on Titan and it is the ultimate in sound reduction but sucks in the weight department at over 2#.

For a .22 can the sparrow is an easy choice over the Element. Being $100 cheaper and WAY easier to take apart in addition to quieter on most hosts makes it that way. You were probably born with the tools needed to disassemble the Sparrow (hands) and it is easy no matter how many rounds it has through it since its last cleaning.

BDSolutionsArdmore

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't have any idea on the can, but just wanted to say Happy Thanksgiving to you Brian and hope you'll also pass it along to the other guys in country. I for one am thankful that you all choose to wear the uniform every single day. A big Ooh-rah from this old Marine to y'all.

Thank You HMFIC, I hope you had a good Thanksgiving!

The Titan is a no brainer on the 338 can. It is pure awesome. You won't get a lot of first hand reviews on 338 cans but I own a TITAN and have heard a couple others. I also shoot 30-06 through it. The folks that have the YHM 338 can seem happy but it definitely isn't the quietest one. If you're going big I'd pop for the thread on titanium TiTAN. The weight savings is awesome over the SS version. I have the older 2" SS thread on Titan and it is the ultimate in sound reduction but sucks in the weight department at over 2#.

For a .22 can the sparrow is an easy choice over the Element. Being $100 cheaper and WAY easier to take apart in addition to quieter on most hosts makes it that way. You were probably born with the tools needed to disassemble the Sparrow (hands) and it is easy no matter how many rounds it has through it since its last cleaning.

Thanks Dustin I was hoping you would see this thread. You pretty much summed up everything that I found yesterday while I was researching everything. Gonna shoot you a PM here in a second.

Thank you again and hope you had a Happy Thanksgiving!

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No problem. I figure I'm the big bore can guy around here and in a lot of other places too. There isn't a lot of people buying them or talking about them. I will say beware of Snipers Hide silencer section. Lots of fail on that board. It just isn't geared for a silencerhead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom