Record seismic activity rocks oklahoma

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
New Madrid was taught in my Oklahoma History class 25 years ago...........now rumbling a bit and has some puzzled and looking for something/someone to blame.

jfssms

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There is one all powerful human being that can stop all this rumbling.....get to know him, learn to love him... his name is Obama.

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They can't even predict the next earthquake, why should we trust anyone who studies earthquakes. Oh yeah build houses of this special earthquake-resistant building code, that's just hippie speak to make us build "green" homes.

jmike314

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I guess none of you have heard of the fault line called the "new Madrid?"

The New Madrid fault zone, located in the middle of the United States, is active and could spawn future large earthquakes, scientists reported this week.

http://america.aljazeera.com/articl...earthquakefaultlinecouldcausequakesagain.html

Yep.....heard of it.....teach about it in class. Runs along the Mississippi river in SE Missouri and into Arkansas.
There's also the Meers fault down in SW Oklahoma in the Lawton area. Dormant for a long, long time...very noticeable in pics from the air.
And of course there's the Nemaha buried fault that runs right through the middle of OKC all the way through Kansas and up into Nebraska that is influenced by another active fault up in Kansas.
It might be worth knowing whether or not we are doing anything to help induce seismic activity in our state.
A little extra knowledge can't hurt us.
i_imgur_com_oinVx_gif__.gif

31.media.tumblr.com_tumblr_lk2h5f2ShY1qj5mhao1_500.jpg

chevyboy123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I talked to a guy the other day that formerly built windmills and he told me one of their engineers told him that some of the earthquakes were cause by vibrations from the windmills heating up the ground. I just quietly thought to myself wouldn't that be a hell of a note.

I have no reason to believe its true, just thought it was funny.

Latest posts

Top Bottom