Red dot/eotech zeroing?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buzzdraw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I faithfully followed the directions, to the letter, that came with my EoTech. Pretty quick and easy. I zero'ed my 5.56 cal. AR at 50 yards, but it may vary for each user. Remember that you will have bullet drop at various distances, which you'll need to know the hold overs and unders. When you change ammo and/or bullet weight, your zero may change, as well as hold over and under.

Last edited:

Wormydog1724

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I use a ballistics calculator to zero my competition Ar for 300 yards. Which is about 43 yards. When I can get it in the same hole at 43 yards, I back up to 300 and shoot it and adjust it. Then I go back to 250, 200, 150, 100, 75, 50, 25, & 10 yards. I have only done this once and it has seemed to work well.

I do the samething for my coyote hunting Ar except I have it zeroed for 200, which is about 62 yards initially.

Sorry if that's a ****** confusing explanation. A 50 yard zero should be good enough for most applications.

theSaint

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I used a M16A2 25m ZEROING TARGET to get it close at home, then took it out to the range to dial it in at 50 and 100 yds. The BUIS wont be here for a few more days.

Latest posts

Top Bottom