Reflex type sights and partial color blindness?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MLR

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
There are many of us out there that have problems seeing the colors red and green and their different shades. Are there any sights out there offering the advantages of reflex or reddot sights that can be used for those of us with this problem? I am looking for something reasonable priced to use on my new 22's with silencers that I have on order.

I looked through a red dot scope when they first came out on the market many years back and it was like looking through a hollow tube. Did not see any dot. Figuring things have changed I recently looked through a reflex type sight that had both the red and green option. I could barely pick out a green aiming point if I held it in a perfect position against a perfect background.

I have to wonder why the makers decide to use these colors when the two most common colors that affect men are red and green? I used to believe that I was alone with this affliction but have found it is actually very common in men.

Michael

dowmace

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I know they use them because they are the biggest contrast against most any background. I know I've seen a blue dot scope before though.

Latest posts

Top Bottom