Remember the International Scout?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AKmoose

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My 1st car, '67 Scout. Wasn't quite old enough to drive (legally anyway) but was fixing it up for when I was, dad and mom took it to feed the horses a snowy day and got t-boned by some dude sliding through a stop sign. Wish i had it now they are bringing a premium.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I loved my old 78 cornbinder Scout. Tough as an anvil and turn on a dime. They were great at rusting!
My buddy had one of those. Rust bucket for sure.
We were 4 wheeling on the Arkansas River sand bar once. He had his girlfriend with him and wanted me to drive. Couldn't get back up the 10' high sandy bank after several tries.
He told me to get a big run at it and stay on the throttle. A Dukes of Hazard event occurred at the top of that bank. We were airborne for about 20' before hitting the ground. Right where the axle entered the rearend, it broke in half.
No cell phones at that time, so we had to walk about two miles out of there on a little two track through the woods and hitch a ride back to town. Got a wrecker lined up and went back out with a couple of chain saws to open up the two track for the wrecker to get down there and load the Scout up. It was a long day, but in the end, got a new rearend under it and he drove it for a couple more years.
EV model? Hell no!

Latest posts

Top Bottom