Remember the three storm chasers that got killed out by El Reno?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
There’s a monument there. It’s kind of surreal. There are beer offerings, license plates, old cb radios, walkie talkies. One person even left his expired hunting/fishing license from Georgia. There is a cool twister sculpture that someone welded. It’s not to far from a buddy’s house so we jumped in the RAZR and headed over there. It’s also not far from Banner road range that is now Sears range.
4F31571C-ACFB-46B7-8352-E43B74A80250.jpeg
07F01BF3-FDB8-4778-963E-92FF1298CD9D.jpeg
5BA1E26C-82DD-4596-AA0C-7F763E466499.jpeg
C2D91AE0-F5EB-49F3-901B-3C4656718F59.jpeg

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We have a monument of sorts 1/4 mile from one of our farms. It’s very strange with many knives driven into a power pole, some impaling plastic snakes and lizards. All kinds of Native American necklaces hanging from the knives.
There are a couple of stone benches there along with half barrels that appear to have had wood burned in them.
It was well maintained for several years, but has since grown up so much one has to know the location to see it.
I’d sure like to know the story.

Capm_Spaulding

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The loss of human life is sad, but I don’t have much sympathy for those injured or killed following their self proclaimed “storm chaser” identity.
Most of the time, I’m disgusted by what I see from these types, even those employed by news stations. Can’t tell you how many reckless offenses I see during a broadcast just to get a better angle, much less the very amateur. There are better, safer ways to get a thrill.

CoronaBorealis

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The loss of human life is sad, but I don’t have much sympathy for those injured or killed following their self proclaimed “storm chaser” identity.
Most of the time, I’m disgusted by what I see from these types, even those employed by news stations. Can’t tell you how many reckless offenses I see during a broadcast just to get a better angle, much less the very amateur. There are better, safer ways to get a thrill.

I can definitely see where you’re coming from. There are a lot of bad apples who give the “good chasers” a bad name. Tim Samaras was regarded as one of the safest chasers in the business, however.

Latest posts

Top Bottom