Remington 700 7mm Mag ADL What to do?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
7mmRM is probably my favorite round ballistically speaking. Shoots very flat. Of course, as some have said, this comes at a cost. They are mules and will let you know when they fire. As long as you are a big ole boy, it should be managable. I can shoot mine all day. My father, who is 100lbs lighter than I, can shoot it 3 times, then he is cashed out.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think he meant to use a worked older Rem. 700 trigger or a new aftermarket assy.

Sorry, I just realized that I was guilty of using pronouns too many times there.

Yeah, I'd keep that older trigger for your next rifle (if you've got a pre X-Mark trigger) and go find a newer X-mark trigger to put in the rifle you're selling.

I don't know - some people love the new X-Mark trigger, some love the old - I'm in the camp that prefers the old.

fishn&huntn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Go get some good glass and shoot it. I believe the mag action is different than the standard long action so you would be limited on caliber choices at least thats what I was told by a gunsmith.

wiley_coyote

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My advice would be at least shoot it first before deciding on something else. It can be used for most anything in north america and IMHO it does'nt tear a deer up any worse than a .243. I use a M77 MKll in 7 mag and love shooting it. It does not have a harsh recoil. I have however shot a friends remington with synthetic stock in 7 mag and it was very harsh so a lot depends on the rifle itself as to what kind of felt recoil it has. If it does not shoot well or the recoil is too harsh for you then I'd peddle it and maybe get something in 30 caliber. Just my :twocents: worth.

aeropb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
To me, the recoil is just worse than a 30-06. Not something I'd spend all day at the range shooting, but shooting 1 box/trip wouldn't be so bad. Hell if it was free I'd keep it for an all purpose hunting rifle. If that void is already filled, I'd get out of it for a more common caliber.

DanB

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Long Range(300yds+) is the only thing I don't have covered.

I just need to pony up the cash for some glass for this sucker and get to know it a bit. That is going to be the painful part.

Latest posts

Top Bottom