Remington 700SPS AAC .308

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Huckelberry75

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have one and looooooove it!!!!!!! Jerry's Gun Shop in Ardmore has them, or at least he had a couple extra when I got mine. Just waiting on the old stamp to come back, but I can always go visit my can. It's getting a 3x10x50 Kahles with the multi-zero. Ok, now I have to go take a cold shower...

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yea, it's threaded and ready to go for a good selection of 7.62 cans...an AAC is a great choice though. 762-SD is awesome for the price (obviously there is better and worse).

The 10FP is a great gun and the LTR is also. If you really want the fluted barrel (lighter weight) and a little better stock then spend $380 + more on the LTR ($100 threading included in that number). You are getting a little better stock BUT chances are later on down the road you may very well upgrade the stock anyway so why waste the money now if that's the case. If you don't care about the threaded barrel then go with the SPS for $568.

I think for it's features, the SPS AAC is hard to beat and will have better resale value for you overall and it looks like it has everything you want for now. Shoot it a while, upgrade the stock and trigger later if need be and enjoy it. Use the extra cash for a good scope and ammo! IMHO of course. :)

Oh..personally I like that they did it in a 20" and a 1-10 twist.

Thats my main draw above the tac 308.

POSITIVE DISCONTENT

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I like my Savage 10 FP and got it with the factory Ultimate Sniper Stock. That looks pretty good and I like that Hogue stock better than mine. I love the function on the USS but hate the way it looks....

Worm79

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like my Savage 10 FP and got it with the factory Ultimate Sniper Stock. That looks pretty good and I like that Hogue stock better than mine. I love the function on the USS but hate the way it looks....

Plus side on the USS you can always sell it easily. Theres always someone wanting one of those stocks. I was gonna go with the Savage 10FP untill I found this rifle. Always been a Remington fan and had a LTR so this was an easy choice when it came to finding a good rifle to put a can on.

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I figured. I don't know why a 1-10 barrel and a threaded muzzle would make anyone want the AAC gun more than a McMillan Tac-308.

One thing is for sure, with the AAC-SD you're gonna still need a decent stock. That Hogue is a giant POS.