Resistance is futile....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Red Dirt Walker

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I put this in this area as I felt it was the best area for this question since Preppers and possibly resisting the government for many go hand in hand. If the mods disagree please move it.

Among many preppers and lets call them guntubers the idea of preparing and training to resist a possible tyrannical government is one of the reasons they do what they do. This position seems to be supported from the right leaning people in general, while the left leaning people are in the Biden camp of, how can you resist an F-15, you people are ridiculous.

The attached video attempts to take a logical and realistic look at the possible success of such a resistance.

I believe he has some valid points but seems to take a very pessimistic approach. While many of the needs for a resistance are top down controlled by people not friendly to such an action, those people don't control the individual locations of their companies remotely, which means that a processing plant can and possibly would operate independent of the top brass.

What are your thoughts. Is he right, that resistance would be futile?

Frederick

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
our greatest weapon in defense of our freedom is the pen and the word, the sword only a last resort. we've still got a lot of work to do on the first weapon, before resorting to any other means.

having said that, a modern army won't last very long without the support of the folks back home. Someone has to pilot those F-15s and tanks, someone has to supply them in the field. if such a situation becomes that dire, i imagine large parts of the military would defect.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If the politicians had wanted to win in Viet Nam there wouldn't have been anything left after the US military got done with them. That wasn't a military failure. The only reason VN "won" that war is because the politicians wouldn't let our military win.

I've often wondered why so many on the right have such a romantic notion about another civil war and why they so readily assume their side would win. No one in their right mind would want such a thing.

Things are not the same as they were in 1776. It wouldn't be as easy as so many think it would be. Another thing the right often gets wrong is the left's willingness to resort to violence. The left ALWAYS resorts to violence first. The leftists in the world were responsible for over 200 million dead in the 20th century.

HillsideDesolate

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
1704255991724.png

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's interesting to see anyone debating the "patriots v tyrants" model anymore. There won't be two distinct sides to cheer or boo. There will be hundreds, if not thousands of factions all vying for local control. The only thing resembling a "win", would be remaining off the field and avoiding the fray.

Red Dirt Walker

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Two things about manufacturing. We do not have the manufacturing base we once had and it would be damn near impossible to create a war machine.

With the just-in-time manufacturing we do have it wouldn't be long until the factories that went indie would run out of raw materials.
This is assuming they could not get any additional materials though. If seaports or raw material nationally are available they may be able to get more.

I guess to me, this is one of the hiccups I have with his assessment. There are all kinds of variables that can go into this.

Latest posts

Top Bottom