Response from Inhofe

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

10Seconds

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I thought it was a good response. The whole getting worked up lol over whether he use the term assault weapons is just miss directions. The fact is, assault weapon is a legally defined term in the United States. It is based upon that definition that we must discuss pending laws. Not whether or not you think the term assault weapons should only be applied to fully automatic firearms. In the general publics eye, an assault weapon is anything that looks like an AR 15 , a MP 5, or other scary looking rifle that they have seen on tv, not one that only has select fire capabilities. It is that perception that we are fighting as well.

tacmedic

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Its a canned response. Everyone who clicked gun rights on the topic line of the contact me email got this letter.

Inhofe voted for the fiscal deal and simply no supporting a gun ban is not the same as fighting it. He and Coburn should be raising all kinds of hell. I have no faith that he will do any more than vote no...he should be busting his ass to convince others not to vote for it. He is a senior senator and he's playing to protect that.

Last edited:

Cowman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thought Inhofe is a Senator. Just wondering how he voted for the return of the speaker. Granted, it is hard to determine how the cotton pickers will vote these days. Regards

arkmark

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think his reply to you was better than the one I got:

For the record, I didn't write him about Sandy Hook, although I did mention something about the "recent tragedy" (I think that was my wording) in passing. Mine was all about preventing any encroachment on the 2nd Amendment and I specifically emphasize so-called assault weapons bans and magazine capacity bans. I thought his more generic reference to the 2nd amendment and self defense was a bit weak (lots of gun grabbers still talk 2nd amendment but mean only hunting guns). Glad to see him oppose it more directly in the reply to you.

Thats she same cookie cutter response I got from him

Latest posts

Top Bottom