RL 1100 Buyers Remorse

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TeamTomlyn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Okay so the press itself is almost a mechanical art piece in my opinion but everything else that they literally hang off of it was just southern engineered using the good enough standard. From the sharp edges on every dang bracket, the akrobins either wedged in place or precariously balanced on a see saw or the bulletfeeder system that I don't think they ever intended to be used on a 1100. All these petty little issues aren't insurmountable but I didn't think I was buying Lee quality for Dillon prices. Can anyone else relate or am I just whining?
I did find a dandy solution to the seesaw output bin though. Just slap on a rare earth magnet and you wont have to worry about it spilling :)
Anyone else find any good fixes?
Dillon.jpg

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wish I could help you out but you are smart enough to tweak it so it runs excellent.

Yea may take some doing but it will get there.

I never had to go beyond my Lee stuff to make great ammo but I did need to tweak a few things on Lee stuff.

I also would have thought Dillon would have all their stuff super tuned and ready to rock.

I guess not so much.

TeamTomlyn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
👆This. Once it's tuned, you'll be happy you did it. And why is the output bin spilling?
I think you're right, just gotta get it tuned in.
The output bin hooks on top of one bracket and rests on another that is positioned about halfway down the the bin. So if the left side of the bin has more weight than the right (either by a tool or moving bullets around) it will tip right off its brackets. Good times lol. The magnet just locks it into place and will work temporarly. Thinking about doing an output funnel into a box for QA and packaging and get rid of the bin and brackets all together. They stick out 4" past the press anyways towards the operator anyways.

1645125796553.png

TeamTomlyn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wish I could help you out but you are smart enough to tweak it so it runs excellent.

Yea may take some doing but it will get there.

I never had to go beyond my Lee stuff to make great ammo but I did need to tweak a few things on Lee stuff.

I also would have thought Dillon would have all their stuff super tuned and ready to rock.

I guess not so much.
Right I have loaded thousands of rounds on Lee and love my turret press. At the price point I don't mind if I have to fine tune it or use the warranty.
The Dillon press itself runs well and had normal set up; its just all the other stuff; they just stopped trying. I mean the little tool holder that they charge you $50 for is branded from their 1050 series....like really?
I will probably laugh at myself after its all set up and running the way I want it lol.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought a used Dillon 650 a couple or three years ago, and I still haven’t got it completely tweeked. From the Dillon reputation, I really thought it should almost run itself, but I have to be on guard the whole time. :anyone:

Latest posts

Top Bottom