Ron Paul resumes active campagining, names Durst as running mate

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Reuters - In an early morning announcement Friday, Texas Congressman Ron Paul vowed to re-enter the 2012 presidential race "stronger than ever" with running mate and "main man" Fred Durst at his side. Durst is a Florida native best known for his work as the lead vocalist the of multi-platinum nu-metal band Limp Bizkit. Limp Bizkit's album Chocolate Starfish and the Hot Dog Flavored Water has sold over 12 million copies since its release in the year 2000. "Fred calls himself Chocolate Starfish, because people call him an ******* all the time....he tells his detractors to 'Kiss my starfish, my chocolate starfish.'" explained Limp Bizkit guitarist Wes Borland in a 2000 interview.

Speculation that Paul's bewildering vice presidential pick comes as a direct reaction to Republican Candidate Mitt Romney's running mate Paul Ryan announcing he enjoyed the politically-charged music of funk metal pioneers Rage Against the Machine was immediately denied by Paul at a Houston press conference Friday. Ryan's musical tastes have garnered a large amount of attention on the internet. "That's simply ridiculous" said the 76-year-old Congressman "I've long admired Fred's work ethic and together I know we can get this country back on the road to financial security." A despondent Paul added after a long pause "I was there. Woodstock '99. I was there breakin' stuff. I bet half these haters were still on their mother's teat when me and Fred were breakin' stuff."

Paul's new campaign manager, a former Limp Biskit roadie who goes by the name Billdo ["Get it? Like Dildo?" a smiling Durst interjected] declined to speak to the press. Billdo, clad in a Bob Marley t-shirt, could be seen in the parking lot leaning against his 1990 Honda Prelude, picking resin from a glass pipe as Alien Ant Farm's cover of Smooth Criminal played softly from the speakers.

A question and answer session ended abruptly after a reporter asked Paul if he was "doing this all for the nookie", prompting Paul and Durst to remove their microphones and leave immediately.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/08/18/us/politics/Paul-Announces-Durst-as-running-mate.html?_r=1&hp

[Broken External Image]
[Paul]

cdn.crushable.com_files_2011_10_fred_durst.jpg

[Durst]

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom