ruger 22/45 opinions?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jbarnett

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a 22/45 and a buckmark.
I like them both but I shoot the buckmark more because you can get them with a threaded barrel and I usually have my spectre on it.

brettlt

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have had a 22/45 for more than 15 years and easily put more than 4,000 rounds through it. It is extremely reliable. Even using cheap ammo it always works. The only problem I ever had was the front sight getting a bit loose, but that is easy to fix with a little lock tite, and that was after 3,000 rounds.
I highly reccommend it.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think the 22/45 is a very good suppressed platform. Probably ever so slightly quieter than the same can on a Buckmark, but I prefer the Buckmark for it's ease of cleaning & maintenance, inexpensive parts, easily changed barrels (no serial # on the upper like the Ruger), etc.

z06man

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've had 2 22/45's and keep selling them. They are good guns, reliable, accurate, but they are a pain to field strip and you can't readily swap barrels like you can on the Buckmark. That's what I plan to get next time.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I've had 2 22/45's and keep selling them. They are good guns, reliable, accurate, but they are a pain to field strip and you can't readily swap barrels like you can on the Buckmark. That's what I plan to get next time.

I don't strip mine down. Been there done that. A can of carbon cleaner is your friend, along with an old toothbrush. Granted you have to clean the bore from the front, but thats easy as well, or use a bore snake.

farmer17

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The magazine floor plate on the 22/45 looks a little cheezy to me but I like the grip angle much better than on the metal frame Ruger. The new 22/45 that has checkered wood grips looks MUCH better than the all plastic frame gun, but I still prefer a Buckmark, but next .22 will probably be a CZ Kadet and I will later get a .40 cal conversion kit.

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a 22/45 and a buckmark.
I like them both but I shoot the buckmark more because you can get them with a threaded barrel and I usually have my spectre on it.

you can get them with a threaded barrel? from a regular distributor?

I have found a company that has threaded MK3's for $319, so it made more sense to me that to buy a p22 or mosquito. Never have owned the buckmark, but they are dead sexy, and if I can find one in that money would definately consider that.

jbarnett

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
you can get them with a threaded barrel? from a regular distributor?

I have found a company that has threaded MK3's for $319, so it made more sense to me that to buy a p22 or mosquito. Never have owned the buckmark, but they are dead sexy, and if I can find one in that money would definately consider that.

Here is a link to what I have. Buckmark Whisper

Latest posts

Top Bottom