Ruger 77/22mag- Opinions please.....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I came across a very nice condition Ruger 77/22 Mag. Blued with wood stock. Rifle has an inexpensive scope on top and still has open sights. Asking price is $375. I don't know much about these rifles but everything I have found seems to indicate they are very accurate and built well. The price seems good, so what can any of you tell me about these little .22mag.
Thanks

furlong222

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I cant speak to the ruger or the price....but the 22mag is one of the most versatile cartridges on the market...extremely accurate in my marlin and able to take deer sized game if necessary....for smaller game its perfect and 10c per round...you will need to try different ammo brands to find the one it likes

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That sounds like a very good price to me. If it were in good shape, I'd go ahead and buy it.

Thanks. I just may do that as I have a $100 gift cert. For the gun shop so it would only be $275 out of pocket. Been waiting for a single six to show up there but they don't come around used too often.

1mathom1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I like mine. It is a tack driver but accuracy between rifles is known to be spotty. One will shoot lights out and the next one won't. If you get it, do yourself a favor and get the Timney trigger sear.