Ruger American 6.5 Creedmoor

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Leave it as it is and enjoy. As a new hunter, I hope you're going with someone that's experienced and knows the area your hunting. You need to know the kind of realistic shots you might get. Dope your scope for those shots and your ready Freddy.

1911master

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
[QUOxTE="steelfingers, post: 3214662, member: 38658"]Leave it as it is and enjoy. As a new hunter, I hope you're going with someone that's experienced and knows the area your hunting. You need to know the kind of realistic shots you might get. Dope your scope for those shots and your ready Freddy.[/QUOTE]

Thank you for the advice. Although I haven't carried a rifle, I will be hunting 3 different areas. One is SW Oklahoma that I have been on since a kid, two is a place in NW Oklahoma that I have taken my son hunting for the last 18 years and last is another place up here that we have hunted for 2 years. He has harvested deer and coyotes while I am along for support.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I wonder if someone here has a short one they would trade you out.. seems like some people do not want you to cut it short.
I have no issues making things the way I like them.
100 to 130 fps will not matter a bit.
I have killed deer dead at almost 275 yards and my buddy killed one at 300 with my 30-30 1 shot kills and they traveled less than 40 yards and piled up.
The velocity was 2200 fps from 10 ft from the muzzle with a .255 BC 150 gr bullet.
Dead is dead and at 18" or less the gun you have will perform like a hot rod next to the old 30-30