Ruger American predator in 6.5 creedmoor

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
I like the factory threaded barrel on a basic entry level rifle. Not long ago to get a threaded barrel you had to go to the high end rifles or get it threaded aftermarket.

Cedar Creek

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have three Ruger American rifles and they are all shooters. .308 Compact just got rescoped this morning and I am going to try it out with some gas-checked cast bullets. .243 is about as accurate as a rifle can be - currently set up with 70 grain bullets for calling coyotes. .22-250 shoots well; the bore is a little rough, but I think it will lap in. The plus on this rifle is a 1-10" twist instead of the traditional 1-14". I sighted it in with 60 grain Hornady V-Max bullets for my son-in-law to use, and I have some 65 grain Sierra Game King bullets that I will try soon. I love fine rifles, but for bad weather and hauling around on my Ranger the Ruger American is the way to go in my opinion.

Cedar Creek

UncleBigToe

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
The ruger American line has been fantastic in every caliber I've handled so far....like you that 6.5 creed sounds fun! Ready to try it out myself.
The Ruger American Ranch in 223 has been my fav....