Ruger LCP

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr.357Sig

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Makes a nice little BUG. My friend has one with a CT laser and he really likes it. Says it's got a pretty good kick since it's so light. But, it's a great little pocket gun - very concealable. The only thing I don't like is the fact it's chambered in .380, which is both hard to find and not a very powerful defense round.

It's better than no gun at all, but I'd feel under-armed if it were the only gun on me.

trbii

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My wife said she would carry more often if she had small gun. So I bought a LCP a couple years ago. She does'nt carry it often either. I found its reliability to be maybe 65-85% after about 300 rds fired down range. Three different brands/type of .380 ACP ammo. Also found the recoil to be quite sharp during a 50-100 round firing session. Not comfortable but tolerable for experienced pistoleros. Too much for the wifes' arthritic hands. Pistol she shoots best is her Browning HP. I was disappointed to never get thru a shooting session with our LCP without multiple failure to feeds. Usually remedied by grasping the rear of the slide and pulling sharply to the rear, letting it slip out of your thumb and finger and run forward into battery. Cleaned and lubed it according to the manuals' directions. Going by my experience, I could'nt trust it to fire, feed and continue to function without time consuming malfunction clearing procedures. I'm spoiled by the functioning reliability of my Glock 19.

barratt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have had my LCP for about 50+ rounds. I find that it shoots great no problems. I will have to see when it gets around 300+. I find it hard to use the stock sights, so i painted the front sight white. I am going to install a CT laser. I find the gun is not easy to fire, it takes some getting used to. Long trigger pull. all in all it works great for what I need, a small gun i can wear wehn I am working. IMHO

brettlt

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I carry an LCP daily and I love it. I have added the Crimson Trace laser, though I have not shot since I added the laser. I have found it to be accurate and not seen problems with feeding. In fact, there is a forum dedicated to the LCP and most people on that forum say that they never have a misfeed. I have not put that many rounds through mine yet. Also, ammo has come down lately in price. Last week I purchased a few boxes of 50 rounds for $13.99 at Dong's.

Jefpainthorse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have not bought one--yet. If I do it would be carried as a #2 or #3 gun.

The sights are nearly non- existant... but for a bug gun of last resort I'd figure it would be presented and fired at powder burn range.

I'd suspect that like so many other small auto loaders the one you get that's "flawless" out of the box will eventually jam up with lint when you really really need it to work. The one that hiccups when it's new will probably smooth out with some break in time--- after you find out the "magic lube" and cartridges that it will run best with.

So... until then... the J frame 60 is my pocket gun.

midnight

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well he are my thoughts. I have owned one for about a year now. I have only had stove pipes when using Federal white box from Walmart and while using my pro mag 10rd at the same time. Other than that its reliable. If you get a earlier model they had a recoil spring issue. This was fixed but is still a light spring was used. Get a heaver spring from Wolff. I use a 13# for mine. The factory spring is a 9#. This gun can be shot accurately with stock sights. I know I put a 6" patter with stock sights at 10 yards. I have papers to prove it. With my CT I bring it in to around 4". I have large hands, in fact I can conceal the gun in my hand. It took me a bit to get the grip down but once I got that its a hoot. They take practice, this is not a gun you buy and put 50 rounds down put it away. If you want to know you can hit something with it, you better practice with it.

Mark

Waltherfan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like mine. Roughly 250 rounds through it and 5 different people firing it, its never had a malfunction. I've put 3 different brands of hollowpoints to make sure it will eat anything I feed it. I even mixed and matched in the magazines and it has yet to fail me.

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like mine. Roughly 250 rounds through it and 5 different people firing it, its never had a malfunction. I've put 3 different brands of hollowpoints to make sure it will eat anything I feed it. I even mixed and matched in the magazines and it has yet to fail me.

Same here, its my wifes, raspberry pink, got it before H and H got theirs. Winchester and monarch both feed fine, I also have some heavy lead rounds I thought about trying, but a little concerned as they are like 100-120 grain

powdernlead

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've put in the neighborhood of 350-400 rounds through mine in the last 6 months. It has eaten everything I put in it. I like to carry mine in a pocket holster at work. It gets very "linty" and dirty and I take it to the range that way, and have yet to have a failure of any kind. I say go for it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom