Russian sks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rusty1444

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I recently got a Russian sks. It looks to be new. Its in a box labeled KBI. I was told it came into the country in the 80's. Were these actually new rifles? Its a 1951. Very dark wood. I dont see any evidence of re-arsenal work? is it new? has ammo pouch oiler in a small pouch and cleaning kit with a few stripper clips.

rusty1444

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
thanks for the link from what I can gather it looks like its new.... anyone know what that extra trigger looking thing is. never seen that before. looks like 2 triggers.
thanks!!!

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
KBI is Michael Kassner's company and they eventually morphed into Charles Daly. Daly has an internet forum and Kassner is on there quite often. He could answer about anything you would want to know about your SKS, when it was imported, where it was imported from, etc. It's a good forum for that type of thing.

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
rusty, I once had a KBI Russian. It now belongs to another member of this board.

It was, as far as I could tell, an unissued rifle. It was certainly non-refurbed. KBI was noted for importing a number of like rifles. You'll find folks out there who will tell you there's no such thing as a non-refurbed SKS. I suspect they're just jealous. :D

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah! I forgot you had asked about the second trigger. I'm sure you're talking about the safety.

Be aware, that safety is a trigger block, not a hammer block. There are SKS's which will fire, with the safety on, if you bump them too hard.

Also, before you fire one for the first time, really, really clean out the bolt with solvent untill you can hear the firing pin rattle when you shake it. And, the first time you fire it, put only two rounds in the magazine and point it downrange. If only the first round goes off, you're probably in good shape.

Both sksboards and yooper talk about these issues.

rusty1444

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
it looks like its never been fired. I think Ill keep it that way. Wow thanks for all the info and links!!!! no x's no slash mark above the year and shiny bayo.
thanks

Latest posts

Top Bottom