S&w 442

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ch-47 mech

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
ok i have done a search on the site and havent found the answer im looking for.
my question is did S&W change their grips? i dont recall my brother having the same issues im having with speedloaders these hks loaders are not doing the job. if there is grip change that will give the added clearance i need for these to work or should i just order a bunch of different speed loaders and see what works best for me? any suggestions would be greatly appreciated thanks for your time

LBnM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have always had problems with speedloaders in the small J frames with anything other than the old, old wooden service grips. They work with some grips but not quickly and easily. A fast reload with the J frame takes lots and lots of practice. Many years ago I quit using speedloaders and went to the Bianchi Speed Strips. They carry easier in the pocket and, with practice, are at least as quick as a speedloader. I don't always carry a reload for my J frame as it, itself, is usually just a backup for my primary carry. There is no quicker reload than another gun. Just my opinion.

Latest posts

Top Bottom