S&W Model 43c 22lr

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bulbboy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This looks interesting. I must have missed this when it was announced. So far, I haven't seen a price.

ai49.photobucket.com_albums_f284_kevinmichaeldick_160043_large.jpg

SPECIFICATIONS
Model: 43 C
Product Code: 160043
Caliber: .22 LR
Capacity: 8 Rounds
Action: Double Action Only
Barrel Length: 1-7/8”
Front Sight: White Dot
Rear Sight: Fixed U-Notch
Overall Length: 6-1/4”
Weight: 11.0 oz.
Grip: Synthetic
Frame Material: Aluminum Alloy
Cylinder Material: Aluminum Alloy
Finish: Matte Black
UPC Code: 0222188600438
Launch Date: March 2010

LBnM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I looked at the photo and specs back when they were introduced at the SHOT Show and was interested at first. The concept is sorta neat but the problem I have with them is the trigger. On my 442 it didn't get even close to smooth until about 1,000 dry fires. With a .22 rimfire you could not do that. That means about a thousand rounds downrange before the trigger gets smoothed out. I know there are dummy .22 rounds but those don't work well. I'll just save my money and use my 442 with light .38 loads. Like I said, it's a nice idea but, for me, isn't something I would keep.

okiebertt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A snub nose 22 has very limited utility. For plinking and woods use I much prefer a longer barrel. For a self defense carry gun, I would like at least a 38 special caliber. I'm sure some will buy them, just doesn't appeal to me.

Chard

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I looked at the photo and specs back when they were introduced at the SHOT Show and was interested at first. The concept is sorta neat but the problem I have with them is the trigger. On my 442 it didn't get even close to smooth until about 1,000 dry fires. With a .22 rimfire you could not do that. That means about a thousand rounds downrange before the trigger gets smoothed out. I know there are dummy .22 rounds but those don't work well. I'll just save my money and use my 442 with light .38 loads. Like I said, it's a nice idea but, for me, isn't something I would keep.

I wouled think the cylinder has recessed rimmed chambers. If so, I don't see how dry firing would harm it. At eleven oz, you might forget you even had it with you.

LBnM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I wouled think the cylinder has recessed rimmed chambers. If so, I don't see how dry firing would harm it. At eleven oz, you might forget you even had it with you.

Smith and Wesson specifically says not to dry fire "22 caliber pistols which includes models 22A, 22S, 422, 2206, 2214, 2213 and 41. 22 caliber revolvers such as models 17, 43, 63, 317 and 617 also should not be dry fired." The reason given is that it will damage the firing pin.

I personally know of two individuals who had to have their .22 revolvers (a 617 and a 63) sent to S&W for repair from dry firing. In both cases it damaged the firing pin and in the case of the 63 it also peened the chambers where the cylinder would barely close and could not be rotated. In both cases there was very little dry firing done. If you have one I wouldn't do it. You might get lucky but....

Latest posts

Top Bottom