S&W Model 43c 22lr

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TallPrairie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
it would be a cheap (ammo) practice gun for your normal J frame

Yep -- that's the best use for that li'l thang. Drills. Pocket draw/get off the X, two to three shots. Reholster. Pocket draw/get off the X, two to three shots. Reholster. Etc.

Also I guess if you had to do a lot of finishing shots on a farm or something, and needed a super light gun for it.

Chard

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Smith and Wesson specifically says not to dry fire "22 caliber pistols which includes models 22A, 22S, 422, 2206, 2214, 2213 and 41. 22 caliber revolvers such as models 17, 43, 63, 317 and 617 also should not be dry fired." The reason given is that it will damage the firing pin.

I personally know of two individuals who had to have their .22 revolvers (a 617 and a 63) sent to S&W for repair from dry firing. In both cases it damaged the firing pin and in the case of the 63 it also peened the chambers where the cylinder would barely close and could not be rotated. In both cases there was very little dry firing done. If you have one I wouldn't do it. You might get lucky but....

Wow, guess I am lucky. I don't make a practice of dry firing any of my rimfires but they get dry fired occassionally by accident. And yes, I own a Model 63 Smith.

Latest posts

Top Bottom